Rondo Suspension? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rondo Suspension?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Rondo Suspension?

Postby hi chi » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:44 pm

I was watching the game last night and the foul on Garnett was not really even a "hard" foul. It looked like he was just a bit off balance when he was fouled. I have to think that Rondo is going to get at least a few games for over reacting to the foul, initiating a fight, and then taking the fight into the crowd. Not to mention his history of being kind of a hot head and it would seem that he will get a few games for this.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 131)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Rondo Suspension?

Postby The Thrill » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm not really buying Wojnarowski's reasons for why this was a mistake for Rondo. He almost makes it sound like he shouldn't have done it because fo the assist record. I read the whole article and was left disastisfied (doesn't normally happen with his articles IMO).

Anyway, it was a mistake because you just shouldn't be shoving somebody over a play like that. Cus, swear, lash at them if you want. Get in their face. But blatantly shoving somebody out in the open in that particular situation is just dumb. Gotta be able to control that and channel it out some other way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rajon-rondo-s-misplaced--loyalty--in-scuffle-with-kris-humphries-hurts-celtics-165109932.html;_ylt=AgMV7pLpDEi9jNu03wYhrzVnPaB4
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 263)

Re: Rondo Suspension?

Postby chewchewski » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:36 pm

The Thrill wrote:I'm not really buying Wojnarowski's reasons for why this was a mistake for Rondo. He almost makes it sound like he shouldn't have done it because fo the assist record. I read the whole article and was left disastisfied (doesn't normally happen with his articles IMO).

Anyway, it was a mistake because you just shouldn't be shoving somebody over a play like that. Cus, swear, lash at them if you want. Get in their face. But blatantly shoving somebody out in the open in that particular situation is just dumb. Gotta be able to control that and channel it out some other way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rajon-rondo-s-misplaced--loyalty--in-scuffle-with-kris-humphries-hurts-celtics-165109932.html;_ylt=AgMV7pLpDEi9jNu03wYhrzVnPaB4

The streak record breaking news needs to be downplayed. It isn't all that important or at least it shouldn't be. Rondo is a top PG of our generation and this ridiculous infatuation with breaking records is doing more harm than anything else. I'm disappointed in Doc for admitting the late 4th quarter lineup against the Pistons a week or so ago was for Rondo to rack up his assists. Just win the game. Win.

This is all personal and I'm just venting but on the case for Rondo, as for his suspension, I feel it is necessary for his childish behavior but at the same time Rondo shouldn't be getting into stupid crap like this. He's too important. Hopefully he'll start acting his age and realizing what's most important.
chewchewski
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates