Knee Pau Tendinitis - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Knee Pau Tendinitis

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Knee Pau Tendinitis

Postby chewchewski » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Any thoughts and opinions on what to do with Pau? Any chance of a comeback on the Lakers of if he gets traded? As my 3rd round pick I'm a little hurt on his performance and I'm sweating with the lack of a dominate center on my squad.

Let me know what you guys think, he's giving me a bit of a headache since I lost out on some big time trades prior to this news.
chewchewski
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Knee Pau Tendinitis

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:22 pm

toss back a few and cry a little bit :-b
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:12 am

honestly I've got the same problem in one of my leagues. Best option might be to look for buy low candidates, or take on someone else's injured player(with a definite return timetable) Pau's issues aren't just injury related. there's fitting in issues with D'antoni's offense.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chewchewski » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:47 am

bujfan2030 wrote:honestly I've got the same problem in one of my leagues. Best option might be to look for buy low candidates, or take on someone else's injured player(with a definite return timetable) Pau's issues aren't just injury related. there's fitting in issues with D'antoni's offense.

Yeah I'm considering it but D'Antoni has mentioned that he wants to utilize Pau more. :-S :-o
chewchewski
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:14 am

According to NBA.com Pau is better with Dwight off the floor. How much is that going to happen? And if they split them up, how many minutes will Pau get?
With Dwight on the floor Pau averages 12.6 points, 8.6 reb, 3.9 ast(the only stat that increases), 2.6 FTA, 41%FG
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Pau-Gasol-vs-Dwight-Howard|2200,2730;year=201213;season=r
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chewchewski » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:04 pm

bujfan2030 wrote:According to NBA.com Pau is better with Dwight off the floor. How much is that going to happen? And if they split them up, how many minutes will Pau get?
With Dwight on the floor Pau averages 12.6 points, 8.6 reb, 3.9 ast(the only stat that increases), 2.6 FTA, 41%FG
http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player-vs-player.html#Pau-Gasol-vs-Dwight-Howard|2200,2730;year=201213;season=r

Thanks a lot bujfan, I guess this really puts it in perspective for me. On that note, what do you think are the chances the Lakers are going to trade Pau. Only rumors now but any possibility as the season progresses?
chewchewski
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby deadshot11 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:13 pm

I don't think he gets traded this year. There's no way for them to get equal talent because the only hole they have is SF, and there's no one available that fits a trade scenario. Plus, Pau's still effective on the floor; he's just not putting up the fantasy stats everyone here would like. He and Kobe have both become huge facilitator's recently, which why they both had like no points last night, but the team dominated. Pau's guaranteed at least 3 assists a game now on lobs to Dwight alone. I actually envision the eventual offense being a high pick and roll between Nash and Pau, but then Pau makes the 2nd pass to Howard, who's playing off the ball. Part of Pau's lack of usage right now is that they still haven't really instilled the offense because there's no Nash, and his knees and being out of shape have him not running up and down the floor as much as DAntoni would like. (and the running part is debatable if that'll ever happen)

That being said , I think absolutely best case scenario is his efficiency increases enough to put his ceiling in the 2nd round. Worst case is what you see now (his numbers won't drop more than this, and he'll eventually figure out where to shoot from or just get better at jumpshots). Most likely I see him putting up 35-50th ranked value the rest of the way. (Yes, I know he's at 81 right now.)
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 24)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Great breakdown, deadshot! Agree with practically everything you said.

W/o a doubt, the Lakers should utilize Gasol more than Howard. If you can't make any FT's what's the point in getting him involved so much offensively? :-S
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:32 am

RedHopeful wrote:Great breakdown, deadshot! Agree with practically everything you said.

W/o a doubt, the Lakers should utilize Gasol more than Howard. If you can't make any FT's what's the point in getting him involved so much offensively? :-S

It's the magic 'resign here' thought process. Howard is probably a lot more important to the franchise's long term future than anyone else on the team, so it behooves them to keep him happy.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates