VERY BIG TRADE FOR JAMES HARDEN / Joakim Noah / Al Jefferson - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

VERY BIG TRADE FOR JAMES HARDEN / Joakim Noah / Al Jefferson

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

VERY BIG TRADE FOR JAMES HARDEN / Joakim Noah / Al Jefferson

Postby wake n blake » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:02 am

The league I'm in is HtH with 18 teams. Scoring is judged on Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO), Assist/Turnover Ratio (A/T).Currently on my team, I have..

Luke Ridnour
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Michael Kidd-Girlchrist
Omer Asik
James Harden
Tony Allen
Spencer Hawes
Elton Brand
Jarret Jack

So I have a really big trade about to happen involving me and two other teams. I am trading MY Harden to "TEAM A" for HIS Ben Gordon. "Team A" is giving HIS Al Jefferson, Jameer Nelson, Danny Green to "TEAM B" for Nate Robinson, Joakim Noah, and Shawn Marion. And then TEAM B is giving HIS Ray Allen, Michael Beasley, and Ty Lawson for MY MKG, Jarret Jack, and Tony Allen. So essentially, I get Ben Gordon, Ray Allen, Michael Beasley, Ty Lawson for MKG and James Harden. Is this a good deal for me, and who gets the best out of this trade ? I need a little more depth, that's the only reason I'm thinking about going through with this trade. And Ty Lawson did pretty well in his last performance, so I think he's going to pick his game up as the season progresses. I know this sounds sort of complicated but please let me know ! If you need either "Team A's" or "Team B's" roster, to see if I should get somebody better, just let me know. Thanks.
wake n blake
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: VERY BIG TRADE FOR JAMES HARDEN / Joakim Noah / Al Jeffe

Postby yutomyu111 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:06 am

I'm not a fantasy expert but I wouldn't do this. James Harden is an absolute beast. In fact how in the world did u get Harden, Kobe and Durant in a 18 team league? Curious as to the drafting but why give away Harden whose a dime for a few pennies.
yutomyu111
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby wake n blake » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:28 am

yutomyu111 wrote:I'm not a fantasy expert but I wouldn't do this. James Harden is an absolute beast. In fact how in the world did u get Harden, Kobe and Durant in a 18 team league? Curious as to the drafting but why give away Harden whose a dime for a few pennies.

Yes at first I agreed with you, but I think having depth is very important. I already have Kobe and Durant, so I just need to pad my team up. So my starting line up after the trade would look like : Ty Lawson (pg), Kobe Bryant (SG), Kevin Durant (SF), Michael Beasley (PF), Omer Asik (C), and my bench would be way better with Ray Allen and a hot Ben Gordon, instead of Jarret Jack, and Tony Allen.... I definitely agree with you though, so do you think I should try and get a better player instead of either Ben Gordon or Michael Beasley ? Because Ray Allen AND Ben Gordon help with 3 pt, which is the category I always lose in.
wake n blake
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby yutomyu111 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 am

wake n blake wrote:
yutomyu111 wrote:I'm not a fantasy expert but I wouldn't do this. James Harden is an absolute beast. In fact how in the world did u get Harden, Kobe and Durant in a 18 team league? Curious as to the drafting but why give away Harden whose a dime for a few pennies.

Yes at first I agreed with you, but I think having depth is very important. I already have Kobe and Durant, so I just need to pad my team up. So my starting line up after the trade would look like : Ty Lawson (pg), Kobe Bryant (SG), Kevin Durant (SF), Michael Beasley (PF), Omer Asik (C), and my bench would be way better with Ray Allen and a hot Ben Gordon, instead of Jarret Jack, and Tony Allen.... I definitely agree with you though, so do you think I should try and get a better player instead of either Ben Gordon or Michael Beasley ? Because Ray Allen AND Ben Gordon help with 3 pt, which is the category I always lose in.

Thing about Ben Gordon is he's so streaky and with Gerald Henderson back, Ben will probably lose some p/t and you never know what you are going to get from him. For me personally I like players that are consistent night in and night out. Guys like Beasley and Gordon wouldn't be on my roster as there both either hot or cold. Beasley isn't getting as many touches on the Suns as he should. I would definitely hold out for something better. Harden is a top 10 fantasy performer at the moment. If someone wants him they should give you a good player in return and some depth if thats what you want. Try to hold out for Lawson and a better player than Beasley. Is Chandler Parsons available?
yutomyu111
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby wake n blake » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:43 am

I agree. Unfortunately Chandler Parson's is not on one of the two teams I'm dealing with. The team giving me Lawson, Beasley, Allen has ...

Ty Lawson
Thabo Sefolosha
Zaza Pachulia
Lance Stephenson
O.J. Mayo
Michael Beasley
Ray Allen
Al Jefferson
Jameer Nelson
Danny Green

And the team I'm giving James Harden for Ben Gordon has...

Chris Paul
Nate Robinson
Vince Carter
Steve Novak
Markieff Morris
Ben Gordon
Metta World Peace
Jeremy Pargo
Shawn Marion

Who do you think I should replace, and for who ?
wake n blake
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions