PER Rankings - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

PER Rankings

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

PER Rankings

Postby silentjim » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Anyone looked at the PER Rankings this season thus far?

They seem odd this season with a lot of bigs cracking the list, which makes you wonder if guys like McGee, Blatche, and Drummond need more playing time, or if their efficiency and such would plummet if given more minutes. I guess when you look at past seasons McGee was on there as well as Cousins (who is on there this season as well), but it's still odd. :-?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: PER Rankings

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Maybe, but probably not this season. We all know what a slippery slope efficiency is, and especially with bigs who struggle with the nuance of the game they probably wouldn't look as good in more minutes. Their rebounding percentages tend to trail off and the TOs climb. Plus they often take an overall efficiency dive based on lots of factors (better opponents, fatigue, ect).

When I look at that list they guys I tend to think need more floor time are the guys putting up 18+ PER and playing in the 25-30mpg range. That's a more proven track record and those guys would generally be more likely to carry their overall efficiency through more minutes. There are a couple of outliers for me based on those numbers of course, Ed Davis and Eric Bledsoe specifically, but I think that guys like McGee and Drummond are probably playing the right number of minutes for the moment. As they get a better feel for the team game on both ends of the court they'd obviously deserve more minutes (which may never happen for McGee, dumb as he is).
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers