Wow, Scott Skiles fired - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Wow, Scott Skiles fired

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Wow, Scott Skiles fired

Postby big.d57 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:54 am

USA Today's Sam Amick reported Monday night that the Bucks and Scott Skiles will part ways.
First off, whoa. Second off, wow. One of fantasy basketball's most infuriating coaches goes by the wayside, which will kick off all sorts of speculation about the direction of the club, and we'll start off with the player we listed this blurb under, Ersan Ilyasova. Ilyasova, like many of his teammates, has had his confidence crushed under Skiles' belief he can outsmart the game with his incessant toiling. With his big contract, E.I. is as well-positioned as he can be to turn around his season. Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis are safe assets and Larry Sanders is all-but certain to join that group, while John Henson and Mike Dunleavy are also well worth a look if they aren't owned.
-rotoworld
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Wow, Scott Skiles fired

Postby jphanned » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03 am

Asked for a buyout this summer on the final year of his deal, then recently said he didn't want an extension after this season. Was coming. ;-)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby silentjim » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm

I wasn't in love with Skiles when he was in Chicago and clearly Milwaukee is under performing a bit. Lots of talent there and maybe some bad coaching choices on occasion with personnel and bigs.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 am

I like Skiles a lot as a coach, but he wears out his welcome everywhere he goes. I'm not surprised in the least.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby geodbear » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:09 am

Skiles ultimate destination might be as a college head coach. He can't wear on the players since they'll only be there for 4 years or less. On the other hand, he would probably wear out his welcome with administration eventually.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Postby silentjim » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm

geodbear wrote:Skiles ultimate destination might be as a college head coach. He can't wear on the players since they'll only be there for 4 years or less. On the other hand, he would probably wear out his welcome with administration eventually.

;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby PatriotsGirl » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 am

I never saw that one coming!
PatriotsGirl
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers