Drop K Leonard for Aminu/Sefolosha?? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Drop K Leonard for Aminu/Sefolosha??

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Drop K Leonard for Aminu/Sefolosha??

Postby intalexual » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:46 pm

I've been holding on to Kawai Leonard thinking that he'll put up decent stats on a consistent basis, but all he's gotten are consistent minutes with minimal stats...looking to drop him for either Al-Farouq Aminu or Thabo Sefolosha...

Need help!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Standard H2H Keeper League (pts, 3s, asts, rebs, FG%, FT%, blks, stls, TO's; 1 start/position + 1 Util)
Current Roster:
PG: D Rose (Keeper), J Holiday, L Ridnour (SG)
SG: K Thompson (SF), J Crawford (PG), J Redick
SF: D Gallinari, K Leonard (SG), M Barnes
PF: A Jefferson (C; Keeper), A Drummond (C)
C: B Lopez, C Kaman (PF), E Davis (PF)
intalexual
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Drop K Leonard for Aminu/Sefolosha??

Postby yellowishodie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:23 am

While i like Leonard's game, I think that the Spurs are way too balanced for him to fully breakout. Especially since TP and TD will dominate most of the shots. Right now, I think ill hold Leonard for now and keep my eye on Aminu. In his last 3 games he has pulled down double digit boards and got steals. I might drop leonard for him but not yet
yellowishodie
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 3)

Postby intalexual » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 am

yellowishodie wrote:While i like Leonard's game, I think that the Spurs are way too balanced for him to fully breakout. Especially since TP and TD will dominate most of the shots. Right now, I think ill hold Leonard for now and keep my eye on Aminu. In his last 3 games he has pulled down double digit boards and got steals. I might drop leonard for him but not yet

That's my exact thought! I can only hope that Coach Pop will begin to limit his veterans minutes as the season wears and increase Kawai's offensive workload. Althought, if Aminu pulls down another double digit rebound with blocks and steals in the next game on Sunday, I might just have to pull the trigger. It's difficult to drop Kawai because Coach Pop kept talking up his offensive game in the off season...

Thanks for your input, I'm glad i'm not the only one thinking about what to do with Kawai Leonard.
intalexual
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby 0hno » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:47 am

Even last year I wasn't truly sold on Leonard.. he wasn't this awesome rookie everyone made him out to be i thought he was ok.. Aminu is only gonna get better now that he understand his minutes are based upon how hard he plays.. and that dude plays hard on both ends of the court.. by next week he'll be more than 50% taken in most leagues so get on it now while you can.. another 2 guys to keep an eye open for are Wilson Chandler and Iman Shumpert.. They may be sleeper grabs
0hno
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby intalexual » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 pm

0hno wrote:Even last year I wasn't truly sold on Leonard.. he wasn't this awesome rookie everyone made him out to be i thought he was ok.. Aminu is only gonna get better now that he understand his minutes are based upon how hard he plays.. and that dude plays hard on both ends of the court.. by next week he'll be more than 50% taken in most leagues so get on it now while you can.. another 2 guys to keep an eye open for are Wilson Chandler and Iman Shumpert.. They may be sleeper grabs

That's the trend I'm seeing now too, like he's a good player with great minutes but only in reality and not fantasy. Wilson Chandler's not available and I think I want to use a wait and see approach with Iman Shumpert before dropping someone for him. I think if Aminu plays better than Kawai tonight (Sunday, as they both have games), I may pull the trigger if he's still available.
intalexual
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby 0hno » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm

thats a dangerous approach at it unless your up early in the morning to grab him off the waivers if you havent already missed your chance. Like I said Leonard isn't producing at a rate that would warrant running out to get him at the first sign of availability. I had Jason Richardson..his stats are better than Leonard and I dropped him a few days ago.. he's still there..that says alot..
0hno
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby intalexual » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm

0hno wrote:thats a dangerous approach at it unless your up early in the morning to grab him off the waivers if you havent already missed your chance. Like I said Leonard isn't producing at a rate that would warrant running out to get him at the first sign of availability. I had Jason Richardson..his stats are better than Leonard and I dropped him a few days ago.. he's still there..that says alot..

That's very true and as I'm tracking the NYK/NOR game, Aminu already has double digit rebounds and a pair of blocks.
intalexual
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions