Reality check: Cousins+Collison for Gortat+Lillard - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Reality check: Cousins+Collison for Gortat+Lillard

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Reality check: Cousins+Collison for Gortat+Lillard

Postby slchsu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Have hammered out this deal in principle with another owner. I get Cousins and D. Collison and he gets Gorat and Lillard.

BBM says it's pretty fair, though I pretty much lose my advantage in 3s. What do the experts in the room think? Is Collison the starting PG in Dallas for the rest of the season? Will Cousins find some bizarre way to get himself suspended?

12-team, 9-cat, H2H keeper league (keep two).

My team:

PG K. Irving
PG J. Holiday
PG D. Lillard
SG/SF G. Hayward
SG/SF K. Leonard
SG/SF T. Sefolosha
SG/SF N. Batum
SF/PF C. Parsons
PF D. West
PF/C N. Vucevic
PF/C K. Love
PF/C T. Zeller
C M. Gortat
slchsu
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Reality check: Cousins+Collison for Gortat+Lillard

Postby yellowishodie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 pm

This is an interesting and pretty lateral trade IMO. Cousins is on a tear and I think he can continue it but its not all certain (potential move to seattle i.e drama with trading). I am a huge fan of Lillard and he is simply a beast this year. The kicker here is what Gortat is capable of. I dont think he will reproduce his numbers from last year. I may pull the trigger on this one but to me its really lateral. what do you need?
yellowishodie
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 3)

Re: Reality check: Cousins+Collison for Gortat+Lillard

Postby slchsu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Thanks for the response. My thinking is that since this is a H2H league, consolidate the categories I'm strong in while not quite punting the others. This trade bumps up my FG, FT, REB, STL, and PTS while sacrificing BLK and 3PT and TO (which I'm already losing every week anyway).

If everyone continues to produce like they have this past month, that leaves me with strengths in FG, FT, REB, STL, and AST. I would have toss-ups at 3PT, BLK, and FG. And I'd be punting TO.

I love Lillard, but he is a rookie and it's a long season, so I worry about him hitting the wall or getting shut down later, which would be right during fantasy playoffs.
slchsu
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 15)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions