His Bosh/Sanders for my Faried/Vucevic - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

His Bosh/Sanders for my Faried/Vucevic

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

His Bosh/Sanders for my Faried/Vucevic

Postby starbuzzhead » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:51 am

Roto league with some weird categories: MIN, FG%, FTA, FT%, 3PTM, 3PT%, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO, TECH

My team: Lillard, Rondo, Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, Josh Smith, Wesley Matthews, Ryan Anderson, Ilyasova, Marc Gasol, Faried, Vucevic, Pekovic, Love

My standings: #1 in minutes (by a long shot), #1 in 3PTM, #1 in rebounds, #2 in assists, #2 in blocks, #2 in steals, #2 in points, #4 in FTA, #4 in 3PT%, #6 in TO, #6 in TECH, and dead last in FG% and FT%.

BUT . . . I'm quite far ahead in games.

Anyway, here's the proposed trade. Tell me what you think (if you're interested in helping):

His Bosh + (Sanders or Glen Davis) for my Faried + (Vucevic or Josh Smith) (2 for 2). OR, he'd trade Bosh/Sanders/Glen Davis for my Faried/Vucevic/Josh Smith.

So, a 2 for 2 trade or a 3 for 3 trade.
starbuzzhead
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: His Bosh/Sanders for my Faried/Vucevic

Postby starbuzzhead » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:09 am

Since nobody replied, I'll just say I accepted the trade offer:

I went with Bosh + Sanders for my Josh Smith + Faried.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not I did well on this? Someone in my league already voted it down.

I really need FT%, FG% and TO to go UP! And my league counts techs so I need them to go down. I lose in points, minutes, rebounds, etc. So I think it's a pretty good deal. What do people think?
starbuzzhead
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Rob7878 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:22 pm

J Smoove over Vucevic anyday of the week. Value wise it not even close. If you had put in Vucevic then just out of pure value you would have gotten a great deal but sorry to say now its the other way around.
Rob7878
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby starbuzzhead » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Not sure you read it correctly. I traded faried/josh smith for bosh/sanders. I'm dead last in FT% and FG% and pretty bad in turnovers and techs too. Josh Smith sucks in those categories. Sanders leads the league in blocks and has been grabbing double doubles recently. Bosh has been consistent all season while Josh Smith has been wildly inconsistent.

BTW, Vucevic is balling out if his mind right now. He is ranked much higher than Josh Smith for not only the season, but for the last month, last two weeks and last week. So value-wise, Vucevic is actually much more valuable than Josh Smith. We're halfway through the season ... It's time to stop thinking about upside and actually look at performance throughout the season.
starbuzzhead
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Rob7878 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 am

Most people would agree that you would be out of your mind to trade Josh Smith for Vucevic and your pretty much saying Vucevic is better. JSmoove might not be ranked high because of his negative areas but just look at total production. He might not be a big double double guy be he does everything across the board. Thats I mean by pure value.

Even if you are deal last in those area, you still could have gotten much more for him. He`s still a potential top 10 fantasy player and you undersold him.

Anyways I don`t think you got robbed in this trade since you did also acquire Bosh.
Rob7878
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby starbuzzhead » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 am

Again, I will say you didn't read it correctly. You keep implying that I traded Josh Smith for Vucevic. I did no such thing and you did not read my posts correctly!

I traded Josh Smith/Faried for Bosh/Larry Sanders. A two for two trade.

And I will also say that Josh Smith is the lowest-ranked player on my team (other than my injured players). He's had some good games lately, but he's had an abysmal season overall (fantasy-wise). He's been one of my biggest regrets this year!

Anyway, to back up what I'm saying:

Josh Smith Rankings (for Yahoo)
actual season total: 120
actual last 30 days: 121
actual last 14 days: 213
actual last 7 days: 167

average season total: 80
average last 30 days: 122
average last 14 days: 186
average last 7 days: 159

Josh Smith Rankings (from Fantasy Basketball Coaches player rater with my league's settings)
season rank: 41
last 30 days: 74
last 14 days: 143
last 7 days: 92

-----------

Nikola Vucevic Rankings (for Yahoo)
actual season total: 40
actual last 30 days: 22
actual last 14 days: 33
actual last 7 days: 36

average season total: 39
average last 30 days: 15
average last 14 days: 19
average last 7 days: 26

Josh Smith Rankings (from Fantasy Basketball Coaches player rater with my league's settings)
season rank: 55
last 30 days: 22
last 14 days: 22
last 7 days: 33
starbuzzhead
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Rob7878 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:28 am

I am not reading your posts wrong. I know you didn`t trade Smith for Vucevic. All I`m saying is that Smith is better than Vucevic. For God`s sake it was an example to make you understand why he is better. Do not rely on those rankings. They tell nothing about production. Sure you will improve in FG% and TO by trading smith but you lose in assists, Blks, Stls, 3s, FTM, etc... You seem to be ignoring the every other stat other than the ones you need. Understand that you will go down in some of the stats that your are 1st, 2nd or whatever on.
Rob7878
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby PatriotsGirl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 am

Whoa, yeah. Don't trade Smith!!! %-6
PatriotsGirl
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions