Colangelo Gone Gay - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Colangelo Gone Gay

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Colangelo Gone Gay

Postby Yilun » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:57 am

Couldn't resist the title :-D

So Rudy Gay obviously gets an up-tick in fantasy value because he will have the ultimate green light in Toronto.

Ed Davis probably is the biggest loser as now he's relegated to being a 6th man again backing up Zach Randolph.

Jose Calderon will probably stay the same when he gets to Detroit and may split time with Brandon Knight. I think Knight's potential this season gets curtailed a bit considering now they will probably make Calderon one of their main pieces as Detroit has been looking for a PG for a few years now.

I suppose any value Rodney Stuckey or Will Bynum had in deeper leagues this season is going to be completely gone?

Kyle Lowry is obviously a huge winner now. Provided he can stay healthy, he should once again return to the top 30 type of player he was in Houston last year.

I think Prince probably stays more or less the same where he is at.

Z-Bo, Gasol and Tony Allen probably all get a slight up-tick in terms of having to pick up the offensive slack left by Gay's presence.

Amir Johnson definitely gets an up-tick in value as Ed Davis was probably his only real "young" competition. Jonas is a big question mark even when he comes back from injury. Gray seems to be filling in nicely as the starting center and that may stick even when Bargs returns. If that is the case, Amir should still be the first one off the bench and seeing about 25 mpg where he should be pretty much getting the line he's been getting the past couple of weeks.

Derozan is probably going to see a decline in value as Gay's inevitably going to command much more ball-time now. Similarly, Lowry is not really your traditional pass-first PG so I anticipate Derozan's FG attempts to see a slight dip in the near future.

Eventually, when D'Antoni gets fired from LA after this season, I can see Colangelo hiring him to coach a starting Toronto 5 of Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Bargs and Amir. Not too shabby for an eastern conference team if you ask me.

Did I miss anything? ;-)
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Re: Colangelo Gone Gay

Postby jphanned » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 am

I'm kinda digging Singler here too. The move with Prince/Daye gone is to slide Knight over to SG and Singler to SF, where he's been a lot more productive:

SG (per 48) - 14.3 pts, 6.4 reb, 0.6 blk, .486 eFG%, 10.3 PER
SF (per 48) - 17.1 pts, 7.7 reb, 1.5 blk, .551 eFG%, 12.5 PER

He's been teetering around 100 in per-game value for the past month or so. Think this can move him closer into top-75, solid UTIL option territory.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby ggs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:08 pm

singler might be the guy who goes up in detroit but i havent seen anything to gush over his game thus far. even when the minutes are there this season, he seems to get lost in games and hasn't put up consistent numbers over any stretch. i'd take a flier but certainly temper expectations.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 146)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 am

Rounders Block wrote:I'm kinda digging Singler here too. The move with Prince/Daye gone is to slide Knight over to SG and Singler to SF, where he's been a lot more productive:

SG (per 48) - 14.3 pts, 6.4 reb, 0.6 blk, .486 eFG%, 10.3 PER
SF (per 48) - 17.1 pts, 7.7 reb, 1.5 blk, .551 eFG%, 12.5 PER

He's been teetering around 100 in per-game value for the past month or so. Think this can move him closer into top-75, solid UTIL option territory.

Agreed. When the trade broke, I tweeted both Buser and Doctor A (at rotoworld) that I disagreed Knight was going to end up in a timeshare, but rather Knight->SG, Singler->SF. Had no idea Singler has performed better at SF than SG so he could make a nice speculative add for those with a roster spot.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers