Mayo for Granger? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Mayo for Granger?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Mayo for Granger?

Postby silasar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm

I have had Mayo all season, and I have grown to be sick of his inconsistency. The problem is I don't really know Grangers fantasy value and not sure if I should pull the trigger. I appreciate the advice. League: h2h
silasar
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Mayo for Granger?

Postby silentjim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 pm

silasar wrote:I have had Mayo all season, and I have grown to be sick of his inconsistency. The problem is I don't really know Grangers fantasy value and not sure if I should pull the trigger. I appreciate the advice. League: h2h

No way.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby Mephacles » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:30 am

I would say it depends on your team make up. Yes, Mayo may be streaky, but he is a HEALTHY player with no foreseeable risks. On the other hand, Granger is returning from his well-known knee problems to a Pacers team that is currently enjoying a breakout season from P. George. Along with George, Hill and Stephenson have been working well with each other. With the return of Granger, you are not only taking the risk that his knees act up again, but there's a good chance that Granger's production will decrease due to the reasons mentioned above.
Mephacles
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby alexhopes » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:30 am

Man, no way. Personally I think Mayo is junk. He really only gives you points and 3's. But what kind of minutes do you expect Granger to have when he gets back? If you have a comfortable enough lead in your division that you can wait for Granger to get his minutes then I'd say do it. But if you don't, I'd recommend adding a couple of guys to the trade to make it safer for you.

You're the one who will be carrying the risk.
alexhopes
Towel Boy

Postby Rob7878 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:40 am

No one really know how Granger will preform with George Paul now the Pacer's go to guy. Thats a huge uncertainty factor. Besides Mayos' still putting up solid number all round even though he is a bit inconsistent. Definitely stick with Mayo.
Rob7878
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby silasar » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I should have provided more infowhen i first posted. I have harden at sg and my utility players are better than mayo, so he wastes away on the bench. Im second in my league and feel like the risk may be necessary to beat the first place guy. Plus mayo is so streaky i feel like every once in a while when i start him he lays an egg.
silasar
Towel Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions