Moving on from Hibbert...Need Advice - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Moving on from Hibbert...Need Advice

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Moving on from Hibbert...Need Advice

Postby ethanhawks » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:14 am

Hey, new to the site and I'm loving it.

I am in a dynasty league setting where we have a rookie draft each year - that's the simplest description I can offer. It's a 16 team league.

1) In this trade, I would move Roy Hibbert for Robin Lopez and a 1st round pick in next year's rookie draft (16 team league)
2) I am strong in blocks already with Anthony Davis on my team. Rebounds are usually so-so.
3) Would not add anyone/drop anyone

A week ago, I would absolutely not have considered this. Now, I'm starting to think given Hibbert's continued production and Lopez's great scoring output. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Here's the rest of my roster from SF-C
SF Tayshaun Prince
SF Martell Webster
PF Anthony Davis
PF Brandon Bass
PF Patrick Patterson
PF Udonis Haslem
C Roy Hibbert
C Greg Smith
ethanhawks
Towel Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Moving on from Hibbert...Need Advice

Postby Mephacles » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 am

IMO, I wouldn't do the trade b/c Hibbert is a solid big man that will likely do substantially better next season (he is only 26). Furthermore, West and Hibbert are the only legitimate bigmen for the Pacers. Additionally, Lopez's production is likely gonna stay the same or deteriorate b/c of Unibrow, whom you already have. On the other hand, having a first pick next season is tempting, especially if you have someone in mind (I haven't looked at the rookies yet).

So, unless you have a rookie in mind that you now will help your team, I wouldn't do the trade. Besides, Lopez is 2 years younger and will likely "break-out" in 2 seasons, IMO.
Mephacles
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions