Triple Doubles - Monster Line - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Triple Doubles - Monster Line

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Triple Doubles - Monster Line

Postby silentjim » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Felt like I needed to comment on this for some reason.

Ricky Rubio got his first triple double and rotoworld called it a "monster", which I find misleading. It's a nice line no doubt, but to call it a monster is an exaggeration to me. He either needs more assists or boards, or at least supplement the triple double with some steals, blocks, and threes (he had one three and one block, zero steals, and 4 TOs). The funny part is that now that I'm looking at the stats, Noah's 21 boards in a triple double this season are the most, followed by 14 by Pierce, and then 13 by a few guys including Rubio. 14 assists was the most (tied by 3 players) and Rubio's 12 was second highest. His 21 points are pretty much dead in the middle for scoring. Noah, Hibbert, and Sanders were all triple doubles involving blocks though Noah had a second with assists as well.

Noah's 23 point, 21 rebound, 11 block, 1 assist, 3 steals, and 3 TO game while shooting 8-12 from the field and 7-9 from the line is probably the most valuable triple double followed by some nice gems from Lebron and Rondo.

Additionally it seemed like there were a decent amount of triple doubles this season, 35 to be exact, so I went digging to find my old thread from a few years back about triple doubles and realized the average was 39 per season.

Oddly enough, to add to the fun facts, I found that Oscar Robertson Mr. Triple Double himself, holds the record for most triple doubles in a season with 41, which is obviously insane. ;-D

Basketball Reference now just added the ability to check triple double (or double double) in the Game Finder. A few years too late jerks! :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Triple Doubles - Monster Line

Postby jphanned » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:30 pm

They're after headlines and clicks, so hyperbole is just a part of what they do. FWIW, Rubio's "monster" triple-double was just the 12th best fantasy line of the day.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby silentjim » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Rounders Block wrote:They're after headlines and clicks, so hyperbole is just a part of what they do. FWIW, Rubio's "monster" triple-double was just the 12th best fantasy line of the day.

Do you have any idea what the best fantasy line of the season is thus far?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby jphanned » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm

silentjim wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:They're after headlines and clicks, so hyperbole is just a part of what they do. FWIW, Rubio's "monster" triple-double was just the 12th best fantasy line of the day.

Went back a week ago trying to figure this out, and I'm pretty sure it's Steph's 54-point, 11-three masterpiece at MSG.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Rounders Block wrote:
silentjim wrote:

Went back a week ago trying to figure this out, and I'm pretty sure it's Steph's 54-point, 11-three masterpiece at MSG.

That was pure awesome to watch, wish the outcome of the game had been different though.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby jphanned » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Thing is, when we look back on it five years from now, no one will remember the Knicks won. We'll remember the performance alone.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers