Jefferson/Hawes/B Lopez/J Green? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Jefferson/Hawes/B Lopez/J Green?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Jefferson/Hawes/B Lopez/J Green?

Postby intalexual » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:18 am

Playoffs time, head 2 head, 6 positions to start, 9 cat.

Looking to boost my %'s, rebs, blks, probably not rely so much on stls, asts...which 3 of the 4 would you play for Wednesday?

Brook Lopez (vs. Portland), Al Jefferson (vs. Phoenix), Spencer Hawes (vs. Milwaukee), Jeff Green (vs. Cleveland)??

I am also planning on playing J Holiday, K Thompson, and D Gallinari for my PG, SG, and SF positions along with 3 of the 4 above questioned.

From what I can gather, my opponent will have more games played, so I'm trying to stuff a few categories as best as possible.

Thanks!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Standard H2H Keeper League (pts, 3s, asts, rebs, FG%, FT%, blks, stls, TO's; 1 start/position + 1 Util)
Current Roster:
PG: D Rose (Keeper), J Holiday, I Thomas, M James
SG: K Thompson (SF), J Crawford (PG), J Redick
SF: D Gallinari, D Williams (PF). M Harkless
PF: A Jefferson (C; Keeper), J Green (SF)
C: B Lopez, S Hawes
intalexual
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Jefferson/Hawes/B Lopez/J Green?

Postby silentjim » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:25 pm

My guess is they each put up something similar to:

Brook Lopez: 20 points, 6 boards, 0 assists, 2 TOs, 0 steals, and 2 blocks on good percentages
Al Jefferson: 14 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, 1 TO, 1 steal, and 1 block on good percentages
Spencer Hawes: 15 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, 2 TOs, 0 steals, 2 blocks and decent percentages
Jeff Green: 16 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 3 TOs, 1 steal, and 1 block on decent percentages

I think Green with KG out has nice upside, but he also has the lowest floor of the bunch I think at least for the cats you're interested in.

I'd probably go with Lopez, Jefferson, and Green and hope Green works over the Cleveland front court. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby intalexual » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 pm

I totally agree with your assessment on Green and I like your thoughts on their output for tonight's games. Green does have nice upside with KG out, but like you said, probably has the lowest floor of the bunch. Hawes has been playing really well too for the past 2 weeks and his numbers are slightly better than Green's. Such a tough call on who to play...:-/

silentjim wrote:My guess is they each put up something similar to:

Brook Lopez: 20 points, 6 boards, 0 assists, 2 TOs, 0 steals, and 2 blocks on good percentages
Al Jefferson: 14 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, 1 TO, 1 steal, and 1 block on good percentages
Spencer Hawes: 15 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, 2 TOs, 0 steals, 2 blocks and decent percentages
Jeff Green: 16 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 3 TOs, 1 steal, and 1 block on decent percentages

I think Green with KG out has nice upside, but he also has the lowest floor of the bunch I think at least for the cats you're interested in.

I'd probably go with Lopez, Jefferson, and Green and hope Green works over the Cleveland front court. ;-D
intalexual
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby silentjim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 am

Al Jefferson with a monster game: 25 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and two TOs on 12-23 and 1-1
Spencer with a monster: 15, 17, 4, with a three on 50% from the floor
Jeff Green with a decent line of: 21, 7, 5, 2 steals, a block, 2 TOs, and two threes on 7-18 and 5-8

At the half Brook Lopez has 17 points 1 board, assist, and TO on 7-12 and 3-4.

Seems like any of your options would have been ok. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby intalexual » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks, you're absolutely correct. I ended up playing Hawes over Green because of the consistent rebs.

silentjim wrote:Al Jefferson with a monster game: 25 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals, 2 blocks, and two TOs on 12-23 and 1-1
Spencer with a monster: 15, 17, 4, with a three on 50% from the floor
Jeff Green with a decent line of: 21, 7, 5, 2 steals, a block, 2 TOs, and two threes on 7-18 and 5-8

At the half Brook Lopez has 17 points 1 board, assist, and TO on 7-12 and 3-4.

Seems like any of your options would have been ok. ;-D
intalexual
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Return to Who to Start/Bench