Trade Faried (Dynasty) - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Trade Faried (Dynasty)

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Trade Faried (Dynasty)

Postby raffrox01 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 am

Hi all. 17 team standard 9 cat roto dynasty league (i.e. you keep all your players every year).

I'm attempting a roto Dwight build (crazy, I know) and this is year one of the build.

My team finished 7th out of 17 and I'm looking to build a solid team even if it takes a year or so...

Dwight Howard (LAL - C)
Rajon Rondo (Bos - PG)
Josh Smith (Atl - SF,PF)
Thaddeus Young (Phi - SF,PF)
Kenneth Faried (Den - PF)
Harrison Barnes (GS - SF)
Wes Matthews (Por - SG,SF)
Ramon Sessions (Cha - PG,SG)
Trevor Ariza (Was - SG,SF)
Dorell Wright (Phi - SG,SF)
Markieff Morris (Pho - PF)
Kosta Koufos (Den - PF,C)
DeAndre Jordan (LAC - C)

I have the #1 pick overall in this years rookie draft as well

In the medium (next year) to long term (3-4 years) what who would be better for my team?

I'm not sure if I'm a believer with Faried and I could possibly get Jrue Holiday or pick 3 this year that would get me a good wing or pg prospect (i.e. Porter, Burke or Bennett)

Keep Faried
Trade Faried for pick #3 in this years rookie draft
Trade Faried + Wes Matthews for Jrue Holiday

Thanks.
raffrox01
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Trade Faried (Dynasty)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Hmm, based on BBM value alone I think that Faried/Matthews for Holiday deal looks terrible for you. Matthews is just shy of being a top 50 guy two years running, and Faried has been top 80 in limited minutes. Holiday's value falls right in between them Holiday does still have room to improve his game, and would benefit from better options around him, but I don't see enough there to make the 2-1 swap. Personally, I wouldn't do the deal for the pick either. Faried is already a very solid three cat big in FG/Reb/Stl (Stl for a big anyway) and puts up decent block numbers too, plus, for me, he really passes the eye test on the court as far as how much potential I see in his game. More playing time there will probably outproduce anything you'll grab at three in this year's draft class, at least for a couple of years. Heck, even without more minutes he'll probably outproduce that #3 pick.

I'd sit tight. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby silentjim » Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:Hmm, based on BBM value alone I think that Faried/Matthews for Holiday deal looks terrible for you. Matthews is just shy of being a top 50 guy two years running, and Faried has been top 80 in limited minutes. Holiday's value falls right in between them Holiday does still have room to improve his game, and would benefit from better options around him, but I don't see enough there to make the 2-1 swap. Personally, I wouldn't do the deal for the pick either. Faried is already a very solid three cat big in FG/Reb/Stl (Stl for a big anyway) and puts up decent block numbers too, plus, for me, he really passes the eye test on the court as far as how much potential I see in his game. More playing time there will probably outproduce anything you'll grab at three in this year's draft class, at least for a couple of years. Heck, even without more minutes he'll probably outproduce that #3 pick.

I'd sit tight. ;-D

Yeah, I haven't looked at the rankings, but I would think that Faried's perceived value in a dynasty league is pretty decent right now. Young and athletic with room to improve either in playing time or skill level. ;-D Not in love with Holiday at that price.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu May 23, 2013 4:46 pm

I wouldn't do the Holiday deal (unless the Trail Blazers end up getting their wish and landing a SG, thereby shifting Matthews to a 6th man role).

As far as a #3 pick, I'd be very tempted to make that deal, especially since you're in Year 1 of a rebuild. Faried just doesn't project well to climb significantly up the rankings. Meanwhile, I like the odds 2 of the 3 names you mentioned could end up being quite valuable in 2-3 years time.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:26 am

Even as a big Faried booster I'm still kind of on the fence about the ceiling for his upside. If he actually played 32 minutes a game or whatever he'd probably go for 12/11 with 2.5 Blk/Stl and huge FG% value. That's a pretty valuable player. On the flip-side he has trouble staying on the court because of fouls and mental mistakes. Personally I still like his odds to outperform pretty much anyone in the this draft, but I can see why people might go another way there.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raffrox01 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 am

RedHopeful wrote:I wouldn't do the Holiday deal (unless the Trail Blazers end up getting their wish and landing a SG, thereby shifting Matthews to a 6th man role).

As far as a #3 pick, I'd be very tempted to make that deal, especially since you're in Year 1 of a rebuild. Faried just doesn't project well to climb significantly up the rankings. Meanwhile, I like the odds 2 of the 3 names you mentioned could end up being quite valuable in 2-3 years time.

This is sort of what my thoughts were Red. Fenris and jim I see your points as well. It's reall down to how vanilla this draft is and whether Faried is going to develop significantly. I'm still undecided.

I have also had another offer of:

Pick #1 for Pick #3 + Pick #8

So in effect it would be something like...

McLemore or Noel for Burke or Porter + McCollum or Lens or Bennett or Oladipo

As it is Burke might go pick 2 so I would end up with one of the top 3 anyway.
raffrox01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 pm

If you think you draft rookies well then that deal could be a excellent for you in a draft with no clear-cut #1 and some decent parity through the lottery. If it were my team I'd do it. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raffrox01 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:If you think you draft rookies well then that deal could be a excellent for you in a draft with no clear-cut #1 and some decent parity through the lottery. If it were my team I'd do it. ;-D

Again, my thoughts as well. Happy to hear other thoughts though.

Thanks as always fella's. Much appreciated. :-)
raffrox01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Fri May 24, 2013 4:30 pm

raffrox01 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:I wouldn't do the Holiday deal (unless the Trail Blazers end up getting their wish and landing a SG, thereby shifting Matthews to a 6th man role).

This is sort of what my thoughts were Red. Fenris and jim I see your points as well. It's reall down to how vanilla this draft is and whether Faried is going to develop significantly. I'm still undecided.

I have also had another offer of:

Pick #1 for Pick #3 + Pick #8

So in effect it would be something like...

McLemore or Noel for Burke or Porter + McCollum or Lens or Bennett or Oladipo

As it is Burke might go pick 2 so I would end up with one of the top 3 anyway.

Keep in mind my comment was about Faried having a high perceived value. Not that I think he'll actually get significantly better. I think a lot of people view him as a "sexy" pick which means you could capitalize if you find the right manager.

I would move pick 1 for 3 and 8.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)

Postby raffrox01 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback as always. ;-D
raffrox01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions