2013-2014 Draft Order and Check-in - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Draft Order and Check-in

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Draft Order and Check-in

Postby dasein » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:16 am

haven't been able to get hold of the guy I was earmaking. will put in a classified on bbm.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 436)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:04 pm

So, within 12 hours of posting the ad on BBM I've had 3 bites. I don't really know any of them. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on screening procedure.

Oh, and I also pm'd 4ndrew to ask if he wants to return.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:02 pm

dasein wrote:So, within 12 hours of posting the ad on BBM I've had 3 bites. I don't really know any of them. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on screening procedure.

Oh, and I also pm'd 4ndrew to ask if he wants to return.

I'm not sure we can be too selective if we want to move forward quickly? Do you know any of them from being around BBM or is it possible to just look at their posts to see their knowledge?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 736)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:29 pm

silentjim wrote:I'm not sure we can be too selective if we want to move forward quickly? Do you know any of them from being around BBM or is it possible to just look at their posts to see their knowledge?

That's what I would do.

Also, you can have them send you a link to their performance profile for their Yahoo ID. They may be newbies if they haven't played too many seasons, or don't play much fantasy overall. Even if they only play one or two leagues a year, they may have been playing now for several seasons, and thus their learning curve here might not be so steep.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 213)

Postby barrec » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:53 pm

So-Tex wrote:
silentjim wrote:I'm not sure we can be too selective if we want to move forward quickly? Do you know any of them from being around BBM or is it possible to just look at their posts to see their knowledge?

That's what I would do.

Also, you can have them send you a link to their performance profile for their Yahoo ID. They may be newbies if they haven't played too many seasons, or don't play much fantasy overall. Even if they only play one or two leagues a year, they may have been playing now for several seasons, and thus their learning curve here might not be so steep.

Agreed. I think, if nothing else, their ability to get up to speed on league rules and play the season through is better than talent/knowledge. Thank you Dasein for making it happen. Love this league!
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby dasein » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:26 am

That all sounds good. Just wanted a bit of a mandate to invite really.

Turns out candidate no.1 played in the rotovegas league I run (and in which a couple others from this league play) last season. He's more or less said he's in and I think he'll be fine. Profile here if anyone is interested: http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/W ... 3TYH4SABYY

Of the other 2, one posts frequently at BBM and I think he'll be fine too. The other guy has only posted a couple of times and is a complete unknown. Haven't heard from him after the initial expression of interest. So still waiting for some kind of confirmation one way or the other from these two.

Obviously, it'll be first in first served in terms of team selection.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:26 am

I think we are on the right track but we do need to proceed with caution so we can have overwhelming continuity in the league (especially in this type of league structure). We have time to reach out to potential managers and don't need to rush it.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 141)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dasein » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Da Ruhl from bbm has agreed to join. Profile here: http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/user/Z ... ar&order=1

So we've got him and Nico now. Since nico confirmed first, we'll give him first dibs of the available teams. Da Ruhl gets 2nd pick.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby dasein » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:29 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:I think we are on the right track but we do need to proceed with caution so we can have overwhelming continuity in the league (especially in this type of league structure). We have time to reach out to potential managers and don't need to rush it.

It's a fair point rockets. I think the two that have jumped on board will be fine though. Not that there are any guarantees with continuity.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:16 pm

dasein wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:I think we are on the right track but we do need to proceed with caution so we can have overwhelming continuity in the league (especially in this type of league structure). We have time to reach out to potential managers and don't need to rush it.

It's a fair point rockets. I think the two that have jumped on board will be fine though. Not that there are any guarantees with continuity.

I think the fact we're getting guys who frequent forums helps. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 736)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap