2013-2014 Draft Order and Check-in - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Draft Order and Check-in

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Draft Order and Check-in

Postby So-Tex » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:01 am

There's been a lot of chatter going on the PMs regarding possible trades and such, but I'm under the impression that two of the managers don't have their teams yet. I'd hate to be making deals when the new guys haven't even seen what they have to work with yet. Everyone should get a fair shot basically.

The talk is not the issue...it's good and all. But shouldn't we put an "official" start date to things here? Either that, or get these two going so we can start the wheeling and dealing ASAP (especially with the rookie draft around the corner).

Just thinking out loud... :-?
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Da Ruhl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Echo So-Tex (thanks!) - I'd really like to have the opportunity to participate in offseason trades as well as explore trade options a bit before the rookie draft if possible...

Two other newbie questions:

a) About how many games played did fantasy teams typically play in a week? (trying to get a quant handle on the value of depth - my intuition is weak for the 16 team, 8 by 8, relatively few add-drops format)

b) How many teams punted a cat? Any cats especially common? Anyone besides D12 owner punt FT%?

If there is any way for me to see the Yahoo! league from last year (which unfortunately I think is not easy), very glad to answer these for myself. Trying to think my way through strategy and it's tough (for me at least) to derive from first principles. Sorry for all the questions and please let me know if any are out of bounds.

Thanks!

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 153)

Postby capoltorta » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:19 pm

For the record, I am a newbie too, but am slowly getting up to speed, and I think I got the last spot, so I don't know what else we're waiting for. I'm already having conversations about trades, I didn't know we were waiting for anything, don't let me hold you up
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 168)

Postby dasein » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Da Ruhl wrote:

a) About how many games played did fantasy teams typically play in a week? (trying to get a quant handle on the value of depth - my intuition is weak for the 16 team, 8 by 8, relatively few add-drops format)

b) How many teams punted a cat? Any cats especially common? Anyone besides D12 owner punt FT%?

-DR

a. about 40 per week I believe. BTW, we have engineered it so there are a couple of dead spots on our roster for injuries, projects, etc. Generally, you'll want about 14 live bodies to not miss out on games played during an average week.
b. No idea. :-)

I've also no idea how to make the league available to outsiders, and to be honest am struggling to see how looking at it would help you much anyway. If you've got specific questions, I can try and answer them. Just don't be offended if I pass on anything that would be too much effort to work out. O:-)
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 434)

Postby nykos » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 pm

dasein wrote:
Da Ruhl wrote:

-DR

a. about 40 per week I believe. BTW, we have engineered it so there are a couple of dead spots on our roster for injuries, projects, etc. Generally, you'll want about 14 live bodies to not miss out on games played during an average week.
b. No idea. :-)

I've also no idea how to make the league available to outsiders, and to be honest am struggling to see how looking at it would help you much anyway. If you've got specific questions, I can try and answer them. Just don't be offended if I pass on anything that would be too much effort to work out. O:-)

I guess SoTex was saying he was waiting me. :-]
I'm finishing some (little modest) simulations on the league. So I'll pick a team for sure a little later today.
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 208)

Postby nykos » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:59 pm

Ok, let's go !!
I pick Red's team... for the best !!

cheers
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 208)

Postby dasein » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Okey dokey then.

- Nykos takes Red's team
- Da Ruhl takes raffrox's team
- Cap takes cnote's team

So now that's all done, shall we commence with the rookie draft?
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:36 pm

dasein wrote:Okey dokey then.

- Nykos takes Red's team
- Da Ruhl takes raffrox's team
- Cap takes cnote's team

So now that's all done, shall we commence with the rookie draft?

Probably! ;-D

Has everyone else made a comment of late?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby dasein » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Well 13 of us checked in and with the 3 noobs that makes 16 if my math is right. hichi to kick it off I believe. You wanna do the honors Jim? Start the draft thread and let everyone know?
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Still think new managers should get one amnesty. We all did before. Every bit helps when you are trying to put your stamp on the team.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap