2012-2013 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012-2013 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Team Salaries Thread

Postby Markos » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 am

That's right, we'd have 7 days to get under.

Cheers
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby scully19 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Sorry guys, been busy as hell this past week, check in but am falling behind in discussion and in the roster. I'll work on getting this updated on the weekend. I should have done time in there to get it done
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:16 am

Went through the list, got ride of last years contracts since cap holds don't exist anymore. Now everyone can view FA's better. RFA still hold team rights so they will remain on their teams roster.

Let me know if anything is off (this is a different file in case I didn't think of a reason to hold everyone to a team or to hold onto last year's values):

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... 0bGUT15dZg

EDIT: Fixed the FA list to include all RFA's.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scully19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Finalized everyone from amnesty.
Updated players already won to date.

Gimme notes on anything wrong.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scully19 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 am

Updated again as of now.

Also, updated first post so that it has the proper list to go to.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Markos » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:19 am

deja vu , you have Kevin Martin in for LaMarcus Aldridge again, lol. Contract is correct for LMA though

Also, can you remove JR Smith's salary since he;s overseas and I his contract is suspended until he returns

Good work by the way, like the new format
Eradicating Marijuana one blunt at a time
Markos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 7)

Postby scully19 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 am

Fixed, weird that that happened again lol
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scully19 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Updated
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby So-Tex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:23 am

FYI:

Earlier in this thread, or maybe it was the "Important Documents" thread, I asked if we could possibly get this file ("Team Salaries", authored by scully) in a downloadable version, so we could view if offline on our own computers. Well, I just snapped and realized there IS a way to do that using either one of two options - OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

In case you don't know, OpenOffice is a FREE software suite which opens various file types from Microsoft Office, so that they can be updated, edited, viewed, or whatever - without having to buy Microsoft Office. I've used it before, and it pretty much looks like whichever MS product you would have - the typing editor is similar to Word, the spreadsheet editor is similar to Excel, etc. I've already verified that it works with scully's doc, as I've downloaded the file (as an .xlsm file, which is the NEW extension for Excel apparently) and opened it with OpenOffice just fine - all the data for each team is viewable. Now, I haven't verified that all of the formatting comes over in the translation yet, but the few team pages I've seen so far look pretty consistent with what's available on Skydrive.

Also, OpenOffice will warn you that for security purposes, it will disable macros in certain files (it did this to me when I opened scully's file). It's a default setting in OpenOffice, put in for security purposes (so you won't catch viruses and stuff like that). However, it also means that you may lose some of the "neat" functions which might work with the editor in Excel or Skydrive. But if you're really set on having macros enabled, you can change the setting in the software to do so. But quite frankly, I haven't seen any issues with the file so far, so I think it should be fine (again I stress though, I haven't gone through the whole doc just yet, so there may be some things that pop up here or there).

But in the end, you can download scully's "Team Salaries" file, and update, edit, or view it on your own computer without having to be online.

THIS is the actual site you should download the suite from:

http://www.openoffice.org/

If you do a search for OpenOffice, you might find other sites offering the download, but they might be scams, or "semi"-scams, as they offer the legit software, but also piggy-back their own adware/spyware or whatever to it. There is NO CHARGE for this software, and you will NOT be asked to install anything else other than the software itself - if you're being told to do so, use the "Task Manager" to END the process, get OUT of the installer, and DELETE the file!

It's a good sized file (150MB, or somewhere around there), so depending on your connection speed, it may take awhile. But it's worth it as a free alternative to MS Office.

If you have any issues with it, let me know and I'll try and help you out as best I can. Honestly, I don't do much in Word or Excel anyway - I'm more of a "graphics guru" - got a Photoshop question? I'm your guy! Microsoft Office? Not so much.

The other option is called LibreOffice (download from here: http://www.libreoffice.org/download/). I haven't tried this one yet, but they say it's actually better than OpenOffice. And from what I understand, many of the same developers who worked on OpenOffice, now work with LibreOffice, so it's getting more attention as of late.

Both of these programs have been recommended by Kim Komando, with LibreOffice getting the edge in preference (a good read is here from her site). Kim is a very savy "Tech Goddess" with her own radio show - lot's of good computer and tech advice - I've never been steered wrong by her recommendations! ;-D

So there are a couple of options for you to use there - and they'll work for more than just scully's doc - pretty much ANYTHING Microsoft Office related, can be opened, viewed, edited, and saved back as a MS doc, so it's a nice alternative.

Sorry I got so wordy in this post fellas - just wanted to make sure you were informed! :-D

Otherwise, have at it! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 215)

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:48 pm

It's an alternative if you want to download the file 1 time and update it yourself, but doesn't change anything for getting it updated for you and viewing it easier, nor does it change it so that you can update your own team.

Other than that I fully support OpenOffice.org, forget the MS machine and what they think you need, that does a tremendous job at office docs while not changing you a ridiculous amount of money for it. Use it for all office docs, I just don't think it solves anything here. I also don't think that there is anything needed to solve here.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap