2012-2013 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012-2013 Season Stuff

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Off-Season Recap

Postby nsink » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 am

Battier is a perfect fit. And ur never losing blks if Bynum ever goes healthy, probably even if hes out haha.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:05 am

scully19 wrote:I'm not arguing at all the mark against, in that he shot 90% from the line is kinda a wasted good stat for Curry, he just makes a good connection for Dwight in avoiding the other downfall of a bad FT% team which is a bad 3's team. Usually Dwight is paired with someone like Rondo at the point if possible, but clearly that exacerbates the problem from 3. Curry is ranked 4th with FT% and 5th without it. His value goes from a .78 to a .69 in BBM, so there is a drop in overall value for Curry, but not enough to be a waste of a player, while being one of the best in the league at 3's those 2 can start being paired with more desolate 3 point and FT shooters and come out ok. Really just needs to add 1 or 2 more 3 point sharpshooters now to save that cat.

Eric Gordon does take a bigger hit in that he is more in the middle of the pack and thus easier to shift down, and he takes more FT shots. Battier works on this team fantastic, he shots a ton of 3's and next to no FT%, so even tho his is good he is also statistically irrelevant from that spot, so there's his second 3 sniper. Once he adds guys like Jordan (that he got from me) he has way more value on his team than mine. Frankly the more I examine his team right now, the more I like it, I will be stealing some of his players for my keeper league. The nice thing about a bad FT% team is you get great value big men at the bottom and always save your cheap pickups for then (Bismack, Perkins). Both take a pretty decent spike up playing on this team and he got them for nothing (Bismack will clearly be more so of a bump if he gets his minutes). I'll be watching this team this year, interested to see how it turns out.

Eric Gordon and Bynum are the guys that concern me for different reasons. Gordon needs to return to shooting his typical 43-45% and Bynum needs to play(but like I said earlier, when I saw the relative lack of interest in bynum in the market, that led me to deal randolph to get thompson and bradley knowing, i'd add a big with my cap space. I got lucky jim didn 't want bynum that bad.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dasein » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:56 am

RocketsDWM wrote:1) Best signing
2) Best value signing
3) Best rookie pick
4) Best trade
5) Worst signing (aka who was handed a "Calderon")
6) Which teams will finish in the top 3...
7) Which teams will finish in the bottom 3...
8) Which team is best positioned for the future...

I only just noticed this thread. Fun!

1. Over the next 4yrs I think I like Paul George is best out of this group. Pity about the contract.
2. If my hunch is right, Terrance Jones. :-D More likely though it will be Horford.
3. I'm liking my Len pick at the ass end of the 1st plenty. Just waiting for that Gortat trade.
4. I really liked the Millsap/Parker haul for Fenris. Also @ rockets, I gave SoTex the millstone formally known as Granger's 6.75M buyout. Not Green.
5. LMA is the new Calderon.
6. dc, scully... maybe nsink
7. barrec, nykos, Jim
8. scully, or whoever get's cap's haul of future 1sts in return for taking a calderon.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 371)

Postby nsink » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:37 am

With news of another Westbrook surgery that makes the Millsap Parker haul all the even more impressive
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 112)

Previous

Return to FBC Salary Cap