2012-2013 Season Stuff - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012-2013 Season Stuff

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: Team Salaries Thread

Postby So-Tex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:08 pm

scully19 wrote:Other than that I fully support OpenOffice.org, forget the MS machine and what they think you need, that does a tremendous job at office docs while not changing you a ridiculous amount of money for it. Use it for all office docs, I just don't think it solves anything here. I also don't think that there is anything needed to solve here.

Sorry scully, didn't mean to offend, or imply there was an issue which needed resolution.

I'm just the type that likes to review these docs offline at my own leisure. Plus, your doc gives me a good starting point to keeping my own roster info (basically using it as a template to start with).

And if anything, I like this option for no other reason than I like to crunch numbers and keep track of things myself as well - it's part of what makes this league fun for me.

All the work and updating you do to the doc is MORE than appreciated, buddy! You, along with several others, have ALL stepped up big time, and again, I applaud you all!!!

Great work! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

So-Tex wrote:
scully19 wrote:Other than that I fully support OpenOffice.org, forget the MS machine and what they think you need, that does a tremendous job at office docs while not changing you a ridiculous amount of money for it. Use it for all office docs, I just don't think it solves anything here. I also don't think that there is anything needed to solve here.

Sorry scully, didn't mean to offend, or imply there was an issue which needed resolution.

I'm just the type that likes to review these docs offline at my own leisure. Plus, your doc gives me a good starting point to keeping my own roster info (basically using it as a template to start with).

And if anything, I like this option for no other reason than I like to crunch numbers and keep track of things myself as well - it's part of what makes this league fun for me.

All the work and updating you do to the doc is MORE than appreciated, buddy! You, along with several others, have ALL stepped up big time, and again, I applaud you all!!!

Great work! ;-D

I'm confused So-Tex, can you not download a copy?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Yeah, I can download a copy, but it won't open correctly - just spits out a bunch of gibberish ("Lfghalzlxmcnfwioan%fh;?jfsdu" and stuff like that). I have MS Office 2000, and the version of Excel scully is using on the Skydrive isn't recognized by my version of Excel. Instead of being a ".xls" extension, scully's has a ".xlsm" extension.

I'm just behind the times when it comes to MS office - hence why I offered the other solution (once I realized it would work).
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 pm

Ya I could have told you that part, .xlsx requires Excel 2003 I believe, or of course, openoffice.

I'm not offended at all, I was mostly confused. The rate that this is going, we have everyone drafted so fast that I can update the online 1 every hour, so I didn't understand the point of downloading one for yourself only for it to be out of date in 5 hours, if it wasn't already.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:13 pm

So-Tex wrote:Yeah, I can download a copy, but it won't open correctly - just spits out a bunch of gibberish ("Lfghalzlxmcnfwioan%fh;?jfsdu" and stuff like that). I have MS Office 2000, and the version of Excel scully is using on the Skydrive isn't recognized by my version of Excel. Instead of being a ".xls" extension, scully's has a ".xlsm" extension.

I'm just behind the times when it comes to MS office - hence why I offered the other solution (once I realized it would work).

Gotcha. Hopefully as Scully mentioned this isn't a huge deal for this season. Maybe during this regular season we can explore easier ways of blind bidding, free agency, hosting of docs and such that will make it much easier for everyone moving forward. I agree that its slightly confusing. I have multiple spreadsheets floating around right now and my wife keeps making fun of me. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Updated again.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scully19 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Updated.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby scully19 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 am

Updated
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:55 am

Open Office is the shizz. ;-D

You do great work scully, we'd be really friggin behind without you. B-)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Postby scully19 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:58 am

A lot of the spreadsheet-ness the way it is now was because of barrec coming up with the idea and pushing me to make it more automated. Once he approached me and started talking about it I became obsessed.

FYI to everyone, I keep on posting when I update it so that everyone can check their rosters and make sure it looks good. I may miss things, especially new signings because sometimes they fall back a bunch of pages in the winning bids page because the thread is based on time of bid made.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap