My first contracts league...help! - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

My first contracts league...help!

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

My first contracts league...help!

Postby roygbiv » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm having a difficult time finding any info on contract league strategies. drafting a $20,000,000 player with a two year contract I'm guessing, at times, may not be as smart as drafting an up and coming $10,000,0000 player with a 4 year contract, etc, etc. I'm looking for any basic strategy guides or suggestions. Thanks
roygbiv
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: My first contracts league...help!

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:57 pm

A lot depends on league size and the actual salary cap for your league and also the format by which you bid on players. Player contract value changes based on the first two, and player acquisition strategies change based on the third. Most of the major fantasy sites will put out a draft guide that includes auction value for players, but that may or may not help you depending on how similar your league is to the 'standard' for each particular site. Values are also slightly different based on scoring type - some guys are better in Head-to-head scoring than roto, or vice versa.

More detail would be helpful here...
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 364)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers