Keeper/Trade Season thoughts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions

Keeper/Trade Season thoughts

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Keeper/Trade Season thoughts

Postby Uin2it » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Im in a 12 tm 8cat roto league and deciding on my 5 keepers.....please let me know your thoughts so I know Im not off base.
(pts, ast, reb, 3pm, fg%, ft%, stl, blk)

narrowed it down to this list:
A. iggy
Bradley Beal
G. Vasquez
S. Nash
Brandon Jennings
Deron Williams
Greg Monroe

I have a guy interested in trading and he has some pretty decent big guys:
Larry Sanders, Andre Drummond, Roy Hibbert, Nikola Vucevic

Thoughts on trading -one of/all of- Beal, Vasquez or Nash for a big guy and keeping the rest.
Uin2it
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Keeper/Trade Season thoughts

Postby geodbear » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:27 am

Keepers: Iggy, Beal, Jennings, Monroe, DWill

You could try to make that trade but unless the other manager has no keepers I don't think Nash and/or Vasquez will have much keeper value. Because of the 5 keepers you really can't trade quantity for quality.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)

Postby Uin2it » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:33 am

geodbear wrote:Keepers: Iggy, Beal, Jennings, Monroe, DWill

SO out of those players you recommended on keeping....who would you pair with Vasquez for a great big man?
There may be another team out there willing to trade a big man too, who do you recommend I go after?
Uin2it
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby geodbear » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 pm

It's depends on opportunity. I don't know how many teams are in your league but if you are talking 12 teams and 5 keepers, that's the top 60 players unless you have special rules about not being able to keep certain players. Vasquez is not a top 60 player, so if you want to make a 2 for 1 trade using Vasquez as one of your 2, you'll have to find a team that has only 4 keeper quality players, otherwise you just won't find a taker. Once you can identify a potential trade partner, then look for whatever big men that manager might have.

If you want a "great big man," you will likely have to use one of your top keepers, DWill or Iggy, since you'll be keeping Monroe. I don't see much trade value with Jennings (still unsigned and could be really disgruntled if he returns to Milwaukee). Beal has potential but without much history and coming off injury.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:24 am

If you're looking to go 2-1 for a big I'd try pairing Iggy with Vasquaz and see what that gets you. I've owned Iggy for years, and while Golden State seems nice, I'm not a fan of his career arc. Maybe try to find someone else who's super impressed with his fantasy potential this year. I'd also be ok moving DWill if you find an enthusiastic trade partner, DWill hasn't live up to his hype in years and I think there may be some people excited by what he might do given all the new veteran targets. He might actually do really well, but given his history of under-performing his rankings he's also a guy that could be moved.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Postby Uin2it » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:10 am

Well I was in major need of rebounds & blocks...had 3 PGs so I traded Deron Williams for Dwight Howard and the guy accepted!
I figured at this point in his career D Will is on the down slope and has to share the ball with KG & Pierce Lopez & J Johnson....D12 is THE inside guy and #1 or #2 focus on the team!

Now my keepers are:
D12 (C)
Brandon Jennings (PG)
Andre Iguodala (SG)
Greg Monroe (PF)
Bradley Beal (SF)

Thoughts!? ;-D :-t
Uin2it
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

If Dwight plays well in Houston you have a solid nucleus. You need to be careful with Dwight in a roto league. He will kill your FT%, so you need to plan your whole team with punting FT% in mind. You can still win leagues like that, but you need to carefully plan your build. You definitely want to grab another big shot blocker (or two) if you want to really work to Dwight's strengths too (Monroe isn't much of a shot blocker). Take a look at players with poor FT% for their positions and see if you can swing a couple of neat trades. Guys like Rondo, Smith, Bogut, Drummond ect ect.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Uin2it » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Ok thanks for the advice...I was just looking at trading G. Monroe for another decent guy. A. Bogut will be available in the draft too!
Uin2it
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby Uin2it » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Another owner in the league is looking to trade the following:

A. Drummond
R. Hibbert
L. Sanders

I am thinking of offering up G. Monroe for one of 'em....
Thoughts?
Uin2it
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Obviously Monroe for Hibbert works for you. I like the other two guys as well, and maybe you could get an extra little something coming back your way for one of those dudes. I'd see what the guy might want for each relative to Monroe and see where the best value is for you. All three would work on your team.

Personally, I'd probably target Drummond and try to get a solid second piece of some sort (a pick maybe). With Dwight on board you're uniquely well set up to swallow Drummond's brutal FT%. Barring Drummond and goodies, Sanders probably holds the most value for a FT% punt team and the manager will probably be asking for less than he will for Hibbert. You should be able to land Sanders for Monroe and still get something else coming back your way.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper & Waiver Questions