C: Marc Gasol
UTIL: Diaw
UTIL: Maggette
Bench: Salmons
Bench: Perkins
Bench: Camby
Bench: Okur
Bench: Carter
Last edited by jasonuoft on Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jasonuoft
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2011 - 2012 Draft Thread and Draft Log

Postby CavemanDoctor » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 pm

1.03 Javale McGee (Was - C)
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: 2011 - 2012 Draft Discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:23 pm

I was kind of torn between Cousins, McGee, and Millsap. Cousins has the highest ceiling but also to most warts. I need some high ceiling guys though, so he made the most sense. I actually think that the high TOs are a good thing, much like they are in a rookie PG - it shows that he's realy stretching and trying to do stuff on the court. That kind of player often has a nice bump in efficiency as they figure the NBA game out.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I was kind of torn between Cousins, McGee, and Millsap. Cousins has the highest ceiling but also to most warts. I need some high ceiling guys though, so he made the most sense. I actually think that the high TOs are a good thing, much like they are in a rookie PG - it shows that he's realy stretching and trying to do stuff on the court. That kind of player often has a nice bump in efficiency as they figure the NBA game out.

Its funny how you named the three players I figured would all be gone before my pick and they all went in quick succession. Was really hoping one of them might slip through the crack, but alas, only a pipe dream. I think Cousins is a solid pick for your team no matter what. He should make strides this season, and like you said, "he has a very high ceiling."

Also, having a player like him available with your first pick was pretty nice I would imagine. At least you didn't have to give up anything to get him prior to the start of the season. Not like Sal needs any more help for this season (Ahem... Baller).
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 138)

Postby baller7037 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I was kind of torn between Cousins, McGee, and Millsap. Cousins has the highest ceiling but also to most warts. I need some high ceiling guys though, so he made the most sense. I actually think that the high TOs are a good thing, much like they are in a rookie PG - it shows that he's realy stretching and trying to do stuff on the court. That kind of player often has a nice bump in efficiency as they figure the NBA game out.

Its funny how you named the three players I figured would all be gone before my pick and they all went in quick succession. Was really hoping one of them might slip through the crack, but alas, only a pipe dream. I think Cousins is a solid pick for your team no matter what. He should make strides this season, and like you said, "he has a very high ceiling."

Also, having a player like him available with your first pick was pretty nice I would imagine. At least you didn't have to give up anything to get him prior to the start of the season. Not like Sal needs any more help for this season (Ahem... Baller).

I made my team better with the trade so what if it helps sal. I wouldnt have rondo without that trade and my team is netter for it

Just saying
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 13)

Postby saldogg » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 pm

id really appreciate it if everyone begins referring to me as "2-Time Defending Champion and the Hero of Heroes, Sal"

Thank you,

The Champ.

:-D
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 11)

Postby baller7037 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:

if I had tekopp team knowing you would draft cousins 1st I would have traded with sal to get cousins and swap 1st round picks and given a 2nd round to nene for millsap. so my core would be deron williams brook lopez, demarcus cousins, paul millsap with a 5th keeper of danillo gallinari/ wesley mathews and I would still have a 1st round pick.

it would help sal's team again but who cares you team gets better. numero uno is what matters be selfish
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

baller7037 wrote: if I had tekopp team knowing you would draft cousins 1st I would have traded with sal to get cousins and swap 1st round picks and given a 2nd round to nene for millsap. so my core would be deron williams brook lopez, demarcus cousins, paul millsap with a 5th keeper of danillo gallinari/ wesley mathews and I would still have a 1st round pick.

it would help sal's team again but who cares you team gets better. numero uno is what matters be selfish

I guess this is the first time you are posting some sort of analysis that is beyond my team gets better so I commend you for that.

BUT...

1. Numero Uno is what matters - In Tek's case, he was looking at having a bunch of studly players being thrown back into the pool (from Sal and before you decided to throw a monkey wrench into that idea), and you have the number 2 pick in the draft and should be able to land one of them. Why trade away the pick to Sal again? Not following the logic there. From what I see, landing Millsap who produced 2nd round value last season with a 1st=6th round pick seems like a no brainer.
Also, Numero Uno is the one who wins at the end of the season, not the one with best core (although that definitely helps). Best core = Sal. Team to beat = Sal. So, how does giving him better picks to improve your core and in your case not having a pick until the 3rd=8th round help you become Numero Uno at the end of the season? Seems like you are just stacking the deck against yourself... but I will wait for your helpful and useful response to my question.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 138)

Postby baller7037 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:20 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
baller7037 wrote: if I had tekopp team knowing you would draft cousins 1st I would have traded with sal to get cousins and swap 1st round picks and given a 2nd round to nene for millsap. so my core would be deron williams brook lopez, demarcus cousins, paul millsap with a 5th keeper of danillo gallinari/ wesley mathews and I would still have a 1st round pick.

I guess this is the first time you are posting some sort of analysis that is beyond my team gets better so I commend you for that.

BUT...

1. Numero Uno is what matters - In Tek's case, he was looking at having a bunch of studly players being thrown back into the pool (from Sal and before you decided to throw a monkey wrench into that idea), and you have the number 2 pick in the draft and should be able to land one of them. Why trade away the pick to Sal again? Not following the logic there. From what I see, landing Millsap who produced 2nd round value last season with a 1st=6th round pick seems like a no brainer.
Also, Numero Uno is the one who wins at the end of the season, not the one with best core (although that definitely helps). Best core = Sal. Team to beat = Sal. So, how does giving him better picks to improve your core and in your case not having a pick until the 3rd=8th round help you become Numero Uno at the end of the season? Seems like you are just stacking the deck against yourself... but I will wait for your helpful and useful response to my question.

dude you think if I kept all my draft picks and the core of players that came with that team I would be better off then all the trades I did get the core I have now. I took over a team with a core of manu ginobili, david west, devin harris, josh howard. I did what I had to do to get this core.

if you had my team and kept your draft picks you would not have a core of amare, aldridge, monta ellis, carmelo and rajon rondo.

SO to make it clear how would you have made your team better to get the core I have. maybe I paid to much but who cares my team got better. I would have gaven the same trades to other players besides sal if they had those players I wanted

just saying

also in regards to not trading 2nd pick in the draft why wouldn't you do that and get both demarcus cusins and paul millsap or javale mcgee by trading down in the draft as oppose to just landing one of those players by keeping the 2nd pick in the draft. LIKE I SAID WHO CARES AS LONG AS YOU GET YOUR TEAM BETTER and tekopp's team in my opinion would be better with demarcus cousins, paul millsap/javale mcgee, deron willilams, brook lopez and danillo gallinary/wesley mathews then to just keep the 2nd pick in the draft. even at the expense of making sal's team better

JUST SAYING
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby TekOPP » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:50 am

Frankly i don't like any of the trades that you've performed thus far, so why don't you just keep your opinions about other peoples team to yourself

and more importantly ... stop causing drama... you're quickly becoming "that guy" in the league.
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper