Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: 2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Postby mac-unit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:16 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
Phil O'Pastry wrote:7.10 Samuel Dalembert

Mac-unit probably isn't happy with you taking away his handcuff.

I would've picked him with my next pick, but I accepted that he'd most likely get taken before than.
mac-unit
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:53 pm

I know I have enough PGs but I needed to round out my roster so I decided to draft one guy that I know what to expect and another with pure upside.

Chalmers addresses the biggest deficiency on my team which is steals while adding to my strength in assists without killing me in TOs. I expect he takes a mini leap in a contract season, but I'm happy if he just does what he's been doing.

Now,
barrec wrote:3.11 Jeremy Lin (PG - HOU)

I watched the playoff series where Lin went down and this kid just gelled much better as a starter. I expect, like most pundits in the cafe here, that he usurps Lin and wins te starting gig. I'm not expecting him to play 30 plus minutes, but he has value even if he plays 25. Just compare him and Bledsoe and you'll see some surprising similarities.

If he doesn't work out, oh well. At least I can say I swiped Barrecs handcuff.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 169)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:06 pm

10 of 12 managers registered and your rosters have been entered to reflect the draft up to this point. Remaining unregistered managers, please go ahead and register on Yahoo.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby wesbaedke » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:31 pm

ggs wrote:8.08 Marcus Thornton

Quite a fall for Thornton. Probably a round or two lower than he should've gone. The guy is young and has proven that he can provide a useful fantasy line. Curious if he gets traded this season. I've gotta believe there will be a lot of interest based on all the teams that are weak at SG. Great stash at this point in the draft.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 50)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:54 pm

wesbaedke wrote:

Quite a fall for Thornton. Probably a round or two lower than he should've gone. The guy is young and has proven that he can provide a useful fantasy line. Curious if he gets traded this season. I've gotta believe there will be a lot of interest based on all the teams that are weak at SG. Great stash at this point in the draft.

I didn't understand it either. I don't see how a guy like Frye would be picked ahead when at this point of the draft we are strictly looking for that potential blow up. Oh, well, just me being hard on Baller again.

I would have taken a flier on a the guy if he would have any use on my team. Unfortunately, I'm already stacked at the stats he would provide me.

Great stash GGS.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:Per Baller7037

8.09 Ray Allen (MIA-SG)
8.10 Greg Oden (MIA-C)

You crazy Baller!!! %-6 %-6 %-6 I guess you are all in on Wiggins too!!! :-D :-D :-D
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:24 pm

wesbaedke wrote:8.11 Reggie Jackson (OKC - PG)

You lucky bastard!!! Lucky you got the news today and lucky you have baller picking in front of you.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby wesbaedke » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Not the guy I had my eye on but to pounce with the latest developments that Westbrook is out till at least December. Guess I was fortunate that the pick landed where it did. Reggie is a stud...I see him putting up some very good #s in the interim.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby wesbaedke » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:

You lucky bastard!!! Lucky you got the news today and lucky you have baller picking in front of you.

I was planning to snag him on the front half of round 9 but obviously had to adjust....no doubt got lucky there and appreciated the charity picks ahead of me...haha.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
wesbaedke wrote:

I didn't understand it either. I don't see how a guy like Frye would be picked ahead when at this point of the draft we are strictly looking for that potential blow up. Oh, well, just me being hard on Baller again.

I would have taken a flier on a the guy if he would have any use on my team. Unfortunately, I'm already stacked at the stats he would provide me.

Great stash GGS.

Thornton has good upside, however, McLemore will be getting a lot of minutes. Frye is in a similar situation with a time share with Morris. I think they are both astute picks. Take a good look at Frye's last season of playing and what Thornton did last year - they are eerily similar, except Frye brings more blocks and rebounds to the dance.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 158)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper