2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: 2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:54 am

Still looking for a replacement for Wake if he for some reason continues to go MIA.

Once his 24hrs is up, I will be auto drafting his two missed picks based on cumulative BBM values from last season.
If he still does not show up for his third pick, I will have to put the draft on hold until we can find a replacement.

Let us hope it all works out and he makes it back.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 164)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:10 am

Big fan of the Amir Johnson pick. I feel he is always underrated.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby wesbaedke » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:19 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:Big fan of the Amir Johnson pick. I feel he is always underrated.

Love his skill set and solid roto game.Will be a very intriguing season with this frontline minus Bargs and a developing Valanciunas. Hoping it means a slight uptick in numbers across the board.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 50)

Postby barrec » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:20 am

I think Lowery is a good pick for all of those reasons. In fact he was someone I was targeting had I traded down out of my first pick since Calderon was taken.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:42 am

wesbaedke wrote:
Lilstinkylynx wrote:Big fan of the Amir Johnson pick. I feel he is always underrated.

Love his skill set and solid roto game.Will be a very intriguing season with this frontline minus Bargs and a developing Valanciunas. Hoping it means a slight uptick in numbers across the board.

I'm not sure how much more uptick in production he will be able to achieve. I feel like last season was a best case scenario for him. I also personally think that Tyler is a better fit than Bargs for this team so he should get some run. Regardless, value is good where you took him.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Being this is a slow draft, I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on why they chose a certain player. Whether it was a team in rebuild mode or win mode, thoughts about only drafted players can only make this league more interesting and all of us better fantasy ballers. I'll even listen to your thoughts Baller. Just messing with ya all these years.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:34 pm

^ I chose Calderon because I immediately realized that good point guards were a scarcity in the draft. Plus, I think (and hope) he will flourish in Dallas. Having never done a roto league before (only h2h), I determined his contributions should be decent across the board. There were other players that I really liked that have been subsequently drafted. I felt my team needed another PG eligible player to go along with his back court running mate in Ellis.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Phil O'Pastry wrote:^ I chose Calderon because I immediately realized that good point guards were a scarcity in the draft. Plus, I think (and hope) he will flourish in Dallas. Having never done a roto league before (only h2h), I determined his contributions should be decent across the board. There were other players that I really liked that have been subsequently drafted. I felt my team needed another PG eligible player to go along with his back court running mate in Ellis.

Welcome to Roto life man. I think Calderon is a great pick. His efficiency mesh quite well with your team. I agree with your PG assessment as I went in that direction as well instead of addressing my major needs and team deficiencies. One of the great benefits of your team is that you get assists in high number from an off position in Iggy.

Guess we will see how it all plays out.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:43 am

Still waiting for all the league votes concerning West. In the meantime I have made his first round pick. If he does not return by his third round, I am sure we all agree that we should allow the new manager the flexibilty to build their own team even if that means multiple players of value would have been drafted as a result of our waiting and not autopicking.

If the majority of the league votes to auto draft the two picks immediately, then I shall make those picks. Still waiting on all the votes.

Hopefully he comes back. I have no idea what happened since he did confirm his return to the league.

Barrec is on the clock for his pick once the 24hrs from Wake's 2nd pick is up.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby ggs » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:25 pm

^9 votes is probably enough to make a decision, not sure everyone is checking in to vote unless you've sent pm's to all managers.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 146)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper