2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: 2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:00 pm

ggs wrote:^9 votes is probably enough to make a decision, not sure everyone is checking in to vote unless you've sent pm's to all managers.

Yup and Done. ;-D ;-D ;-D
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 169)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wesbaedke » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Very intrigued by Tyreke in NOLA. Glad he's getting a fresh start, much needed for him. Will be curious if Monty slides him over to the SF (seems like the obvious choice) or plays him primarily in the 6th man role behind Jrue or EG. I really like the pieces there, it's just a matter of making them fit. Good spot to grab him...all upside from here IMO. Not sure about you guys but the Pellies will be on my League Pass quite a bit this season.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 50)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Still looking for a replacement. If you guys know anyone who is interested, please send them my way.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby jasonuoft » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:40 pm

wesbaedke wrote:Very intrigued by Tyreke in NOLA. Glad he's getting a fresh start, much needed for him. Will be curious if Monty slides him over to the SF (seems like the obvious choice) or plays him primarily in the 6th man role behind Jrue or EG. I really like the pieces there, it's just a matter of making them fit. Good spot to grab him...all upside from here IMO. Not sure about you guys but the Pellies will be on my League Pass quite a bit this season.

Glad to take him back this year. Like his across the board contribution and position eligibility. He is only 23 and no doubt can put up elite numbers IF he puts his head together and used the right way by the coach, 2 big IFs.

So far I have been taking younger keeper potential players as my team is in full blown rebuilding mode, after giving out Pau and Dirk for nothing (regrettably). Look forward to getting back in top 3 year over year like prior to last year.
jasonuoft
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:53 am

jasonuoft wrote:
wesbaedke wrote:Very intrigued by Tyreke in NOLA. Glad he's getting a fresh start, much needed for him. Will be curious if Monty slides him over to the SF (seems like the obvious choice) or plays him primarily in the 6th man role behind Jrue or EG. I really like the pieces there, it's just a matter of making them fit. Good spot to grab him...all upside from here IMO. Not sure about you guys but the Pellies will be on my League Pass quite a bit this season.

Glad to take him back this year. Like his across the board contribution and position eligibility. He is only 23 and no doubt can put up elite numbers IF he puts his head together and used the right way by the coach, 2 big IFs.

So far I have been taking younger keeper potential players as my team is in full blown rebuilding mode, after giving out Pau and Dirk for nothing (regrettably). Look forward to getting back in top 3 year over year like prior to last year.

I also like the pick. I don't think you exactly gave them away for nothing. You did get my draft picks after all. I'm the one who gave them away for nothing. LOL
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:03 am

Love love love the Wilson Chandler Pick. Unfortunately, he's on Baller's team which means he doomed.

I don't quite understand what team Baller is trying to build and I expect his team will spend another season again in the bottom 4. With that said, there is some hope... Baller did finally make a good pick for once with his first pick.

BTW... How was giving up your 1st round pick this season for Boozer of all players feel right now?
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby ggs » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:54 am

chandlers a bit streaky but i think he'll put up some good glue-guy numbers while gallo is out. depends how shaw wants to use him in that offence, i think pace will slow a bit and they'll focus more on D.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:08 am

Damn you Baller, I wanted him! I like the Wilson Chandler pick quite a bit and think he will put up some great numbers across the board. I had to settle with Harris in the hopes that he replicates his output from the last 2 months of the season. Fingers crossed.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 158)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 am

Phil O'Pastry wrote:Damn you Baller, I wanted him! I like the Wilson Chandler pick quite a bit and think he will put up some great numbers across the board. I had to settle with Harris in the hopes that he replicates his output from the last 2 months of the season. Fingers crossed.

Just don't see it happening. Tobias had unlimited minutes those last two months and no competition.

Team is still in tank mode, but without the ??? from last season about who they should be developing. I feel that with some semblance of a plan, we won't be seeing what we saw the last two months and we will instead see a more traditional set of player usage.

He doesn't have competition in the full sense since we are still talking about Big Baby here as his main competition. With that said, Big Baby was faring pretty well when he was playing.

He'll still get the bulk of the minutes, but he won't be getting what he had those last two months.

Basically... I have my doubts.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby TekOPP » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:32 am

I agree most of the above on Chandler.
He will be a decent pick for his production while Gallo is out, but there are factors that cause for concern.

I feel it was maybe 1 round or 2, too early.
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 27)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper