2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: 2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Postby mac-unit » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:53 am

I needed a swingman to help me in a category while not hurting me anywhere else. Korver gives me a huge boost in 3pm while not hurting my %'s. Would've like to grab him next round since I think he'd be there but the previous manager moved my 3rd round pick so I had to reach a little bit for a team need which I normally don't do this early in a draft.
mac-unit
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wesbaedke » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm

mac-unit wrote:I needed a swingman to help me in a category while not hurting me anywhere else. Korver gives me a huge boost in 3pm while not hurting my %'s. Would've like to grab him next round since I think he'd be there but the previous manager moved my 3rd round pick so I had to reach a little bit for a team need which I normally don't do this early in a draft.

I like the pick. A little early as you said but there is little risk w/ Korver and that's always nice. His role should be unchanged this season and will likely produce similar numbers as last year. He was going to be a consideration for me in the later part of round three.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:16 pm

wesbaedke wrote:
mac-unit wrote:I needed a swingman to help me in a category while not hurting me anywhere else. Korver gives me a huge boost in 3pm while not hurting my %'s. Would've like to grab him next round since I think he'd be there but the previous manager moved my 3rd round pick so I had to reach a little bit for a team need which I normally don't do this early in a draft.

I like the pick. A little early as you said but there is little risk w/ Korver and that's always nice. His role should be unchanged this season and will likely produce similar numbers as last year. He was going to be a consideration for me in the later part of round three.

Looks like Mac was in the same position I was in. Missing a lot of picks and adjusting as a result. I agree that Korver's role doesn't change much, so at worst it should be a safe bet.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 138)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Jeff green was a keeper.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby TekOPP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 am

Sorry for the mistake, rollin the dice here......
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:43 am

TekOPP wrote:Sorry for the mistake, rollin the dice here......

Interesting that two rookies get picked back to back. I know most fantasy pundits are picking Burke to have the breakout, but I feel that Oladipo has a better chance of having fantasy impact during his rookie season.

This saddens me quite a bit because it isn't like Saldogg's team isn't stacked enough as is already.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:00 am

Rolling the dice and grabbing an injury prone guy who is probably the same age as the previous 2 picks combined. I sure wish we could get Phoenix's training staff in LA for him.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 151)

Postby wesbaedke » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:35 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
TekOPP wrote:Sorry for the mistake, rollin the dice here......

Interesting that two rookies get picked back to back. I know most fantasy pundits are picking Burke to have the breakout, but I feel that Oladipo has a better chance of having fantasy impact during his rookie season.

This saddens me quite a bit because it isn't like Saldogg's team isn't stacked enough as is already.

I like both of the rookies and have watched them quite a bit these past couple seasons living in B1G country. Trey has the much better situation in Utah and I think he is more NBA ready. I like Oladipo as well and I think he has a good chance to be a stud (eventually) but there are a couple holes in his game that I think will be exposed his rookie season. Plus there are less minutes to go around in ORL. Wouldn't mind rolling the dice on either of them though.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 40)

Postby TekOPP » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:24 am

I considered both but I don't see Oladipo maintaining a very high FG% throughout the season with his style of play, I also think the experiment at PG will not yield expected results..
Trey doesn't have to score a high amount, all he needs to focus on is protecting the ball and distributing, he also has a decent 3point shot which could shine with Favors and Kanter commanding focus in the block.

And as wes said, Trey is in an uncontested role whereas Oladipo has contention at all spots.
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 am

Just for the record if anyone likes my picks more than i do, I am accepting offers.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 151)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper