2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: 2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Postby wesbaedke » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeah, Lin wasn't forgotten. He was the best value on my board as well. Knew he'd be grabbed quickly. He was pretty hit or miss game by game but his full season totals weren't bad. His steals really fell off in the final month and of course the Beverley run happened. I think "serviceable" is probably a good way to describe him...no doubt a good grab at this point.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:44 am

Anyone remember when he put up those godly numbers in Sac for that short stint. Anyone also remember his close to last season. This team is real bad!!! I'm banking on more of those inflated runs and less of the 'where the fuck did you go Hawes' that I'm normally used to. Locking him for top 80 cumulative production.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 164)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:17 am

wesbaedke wrote:Had a few guys I liked better than JJ but he fills a position (SF) and a need (3's) and I wasn't able to pass him up. Wanted one of the 3pt SF studs (Korver or Green) with the pick but since they were off the board, I'll have to roll the dice that his minutes aren't too affected by the major shake up in Brooklyn. Considering the roster depth and JJ's age as well as his recent decline in production, there is nothing sexy about the pick for sure.

JJ and Garnett!!! You a brave man...
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby wesbaedke » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:50 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:
wesbaedke wrote:Had a few guys I liked better than JJ but he fills a position (SF) and a need (3's) and I wasn't able to pass him up. Wanted one of the 3pt SF studs (Korver or Green) with the pick but since they were off the board, I'll have to roll the dice that his minutes aren't too affected by the major shake up in Brooklyn. Considering the roster depth and JJ's age as well as his recent decline in production, there is nothing sexy about the pick for sure.

Go Nets....I guess?? It's all about balance and filling stats. I like the fit both players give me and you'd be lying if you said there isn't risk in all of the players at this stage.

KG has contributed to a lot of roto titles over the years and my team is set up to where he fits nicely with my roto-friendly bigs. Will there be a decline in KG's numbers this year? It's very likely this time around. He's been $$ since forever and I'd be more concerned of a major drop off if there was more depth in the Nets front court. I think KG produces very good per game #s this season, as he always does. The risk here is obviously that JK said he wouldn't play him in back to backs...that's concerning but it's a gamble I'm willing to take as a utility player.
wesbaedke
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 50)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:06 am

wesbaedke wrote:
Lilstinkylynx wrote:

Go Nets....I guess?? It's all about balance and filling stats. I like the fit both players give me and you'd be lying if you said there isn't risk in all of the players at this stage.

KG has contributed to a lot of roto titles over the years and my team is set up to where he fits nicely with my roto-friendly bigs. Will there be a decline in KG's numbers this year? It's very likely this time around. He's been $$ since forever and I'd be more concerned of a major drop off if there was more depth in the Nets front court. I think KG produces very good per game #s this season, as he always does. The risk here is obviously that JK said he wouldn't play him in back to backs...that's concerning but it's a gamble I'm willing to take as a utility player.

Can't disagree with anything you said about KG. I also agree that any player we take at this point is a gamble. My concern is more the cumulative value rather than per game value I guess.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby barrec » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:08 am

wesbaedke wrote:
Lilstinkylynx wrote:

I think KG is a solid pick. Hard to tell what Brooklyn will bring, but his talent seems to keep going. If nothing else he's efficient. I like it.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:54 am

jasonuoft wrote:4.7 - Eric Gordon

Thought for sure you might swipe one of two players I was looking at based on needs, but it looks like you went another route. Huge upside pick there buddy.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby jasonuoft » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:01 am

Lilstinkylynx wrote:

Thought for sure you might swipe one of two players I was looking at based on needs, but it looks like you went another route. Huge upside pick there buddy.

Agreed a couple other players would address my need better. Going for more sexy picks this year lol. Ur Bogut pick has good upside too, nice one.
Forum was down for most of the day, or was it just me?
jasonuoft
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:15 am

jasonuoft wrote:
Lilstinkylynx wrote:

Agreed a couple other players would address my need better. Going for more sexy picks this year lol. Ur Bogut pick has good upside too, nice one.
Forum was down for most of the day, or was it just me?

Cafe has been very fritzy. Let's hope both our picks pan out. I need one of those two centers I picked to do something right this season.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Quick question - I have selected Nene and just want to make sure he is still available or am I missing something?
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 153)

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper