2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Heroes Keeper

2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Moderator: Lilstinkylynx

Re: 2013 - 2014 Draft Discussion

Postby mac-unit » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:26 pm

I'm pretty sure he was still available.

With 4 selections in 13 picks I feel like I could take a chance with the upside of Waiters. I think he could potentially improve enough to be in keeper consideration next year. With R. Lopez I took who I thought was the best player left. I do still have to fill my F spot but there were a handful of guys I was considering and I know I'll be able to get atleast one of them with one of my next two picks.
mac-unit
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:03 am

Phil O'Pastry wrote:Quick question - I have selected Nene and just want to make sure he is still available or am I missing something?

You're ll good. I'm pretty good at updating the draft list as the draft happens on page 1 of the draft thread. Just do a quick find search there for either the first or last name and you should be fine.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:10 am

mac-unit wrote:I'm pretty sure he was still available.

With 4 selections in 13 picks I feel like I could take a chance with the upside of Waiters. I think he could potentially improve enough to be in keeper consideration next year. With R. Lopez I took who I thought was the best player left. I do still have to fill my F spot but there were a handful of guys I was considering and I know I'll be able to get at least one of them with one of my next two picks.

R. Lo was the safer pick when I was debating between him and Bogut for my pick. I decided to go with the guy with the bigger upside in the end since I need to take some risks to make up for my already handicapped team when compared to Saldogg. IMO, R. Lo was by far the best C available and I expect he only builds on last season... considering he will have even more consistent playing time this season. I understand your Dion argument. I think at some point, all of us will need to reach for potential if we ever expect to have a chance to compete against Saldogg and his crazy core. Got to give it up to the guy, he takes big risks and a lot of them have paid off. I remember when we all gave him a tough time taking Durant with a high pick and then keeping him after his rookie season as a keeper. If we all go back a bit, Durant was far from a beast that he is now... especially in fantasy terms.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby TekOPP » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:07 am

considering R.Lo will have even more consistent playing time this season

I would dispute that, he's the starter now but when I looked at the situation and development in Portland, I think over the long term his playing time might go down, it may be hard to replicate last years numbers.
Is still a reasonable pick in this range
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:27 am

TekOPP wrote:
considering R.Lo will have even more consistent playing time this season

I would dispute that, he's the starter now but when I looked at the situation and development in Portland, I think over the long term his playing time might go down, it may be hard to replicate last years numbers.
Is still a reasonable pick in this range

I guess I see R. Lo as a better fit than JJ who manned the position last year. Whereas JJ was able to eek out a solid 29 per game, I can see R. Lo eeking out close to 30 which is 2 minutes above his season average last season. Besides Meyers Leonard taking his playing time (and I just don't think he's ready for that role)... unless Portland is out of the playoff picture early, I see R. Lo replicating and upping his numbers slightly overall. Guess we will have to wait and see.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby barrec » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Nelson and Gallinari may have been reaches, but those were 'my guys' and I wanted to make sure and have them. I'm willing to wait a month or so on Gallinari if his stats come through. Nelson has a chance to put up strong fantasy stats on a weaker team. I doubt he'll be efficient but I am sure to gather some counting stats.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:57 pm

barrec wrote:Nelson and Gallinari may have been reaches, but those were 'my guys' and I wanted to make sure and have them. I'm willing to wait a month or so on Gallinari if his stats come through. Nelson has a chance to put up strong fantasy stats on a weaker team. I doubt he'll be efficient but I am sure to gather some counting stats.

Don't feel Nelson is a reach at all. On my board of PG's left, it was between him and Greivis. My only concern with Nelson is that I don't know how much Oladipo will eat into his playtime and whether he can actually stay on the court. I don't know if he is really in their long term plans, but someone has to play PG so he is fine as long as he is playing.

Gallo on the other hand is more a stash and see scenario. You have a pretty solid team as it stands and are among my top 4 currently so I guess you can have that luxury.

Any thoughts on G. Vasquez? I feel with no elite PG's left, it is hard to pass on a guy who just last season averaged 9+ assists. Not to mention, all my PG's are a bit injury prone. I also noticed he has SG eligibility which is a huge plus. I don't need his threes and he doesn't give much in that cat anyways. Just hoping he can up his defensive stats (steals especially) and efficiency... %'s at least. Shaping up to being a very good draft.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:02 pm

I like the Vasquez pick. I see him getting a lot of burn. His T/Os are the only thing that concern me.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 158)

Postby tonym » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:59 am

I really like players Dumars passes in the draft or trades away.
tonym
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 43)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:04 am

tonym wrote:I really like players Dumars passes in the draft or trades away.

LOL x 2!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper