Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby silentjim » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:17 pm

To clean things up a bit. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby silentjim » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:28 pm

It doesn't seem like there's much of a consensus on new managers having the ability to amnesty a player of their choosing and actually looking at the salaries for the new teams though I think it would help, I'm not sure it's going to offer any sort of substantial impact, so let's just move forward with no amnesty and hope for a great 2013-2014 season. ;-D

I've updated the important external links first thread with the rules, the groupings, and the current spreadsheet, which also has its own thread for ease of use.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Additionally, let's try to keep comments to relatively appropriate sections. If you have a question on the rules, refer and post to the rules thread. If your salaries are messed up in the spreadsheet, post in that thread, random stuff and comments post here. I've locked the check-in thread and draft results as it was getting a bit confusing.
silentjim

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:12 pm

Jim, just want to say thanks for pulling this together. I will do my best to help throughout the season, life is just crazy for me right now(in a good way)
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRobSays » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Agreed - I am excited for the upcoming season - when does FA start?
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

Postby silentjim » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

TheRobSays wrote:Agreed - I am excited for the upcoming season - when does FA start?

I think once we finish the rookie draft (which I'm hoping goes fast) we can post the first groupings at a set time give or take a day or so after.
silentjim

Postby nykos » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm

We just need to avoid the following perdiod: 23/08 till 18/09 for FA bids, as I'll be hunting kangaroos ! :-D (and maybe the week-end of the 17/18th August where I may go kitesurfing in the middle of nowhere in the south of France...)

Besides that, no major event before the start of the season..
Does anyone else has major constraints like me?
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 207)

Postby silentjim » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 pm

nykos wrote:We just need to avoid the following perdiod: 23/08 till 18/09 for FA bids, as I'll be hunting kangaroos ! :-D (and maybe the week-end of the 17/18th August where I may go kitesurfing in the middle of nowhere in the south of France...)

Besides that, no major event before the start of the season..
Does anyone else has major constraints like me?

Three-ish weeks from end of August until Mid September? Is that right?

With the basketball season not starting till end of October taking a break in the middle of things might not be a horrible idea.
silentjim

Postby capoltorta » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 pm

I just want to say that you guys are doing a bang up job running this league, thanks again for the invite!
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 168)

Postby silentjim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:09 pm

capoltorta wrote:I just want to say that you guys are doing a bang up job running this league, thanks again for the invite!

Thanks! It's taken a lot of time for things to run this smooth. It's also taken a lot of different people. Rules, spreadsheets, forum maintenance, etc. It's a collaborative effort no doubt.
silentjim

Next

Return to FBC Salary Cap