Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby silentjim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Good pick on Burke Cap! I think that's easily the direction to go. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 565)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby capoltorta » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks, I was hoping McLemore would fall to me, but I knew he wouldn't. There are a few future studs in here I'm sure, but I'm going to try my best not to suck this year so I had to go with the best situation, and I'm actually thrilled about moving forward with Kemba and Burke as my 1-2 punch at PG.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 194)

Postby silentjim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Can someone clarify what constitutes a restricted free agent that isn't a rookie? I noticed we have some in the groupings, but didn't notice in the rules what they were defined as.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hi chi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 pm

I believe this was changed at some point last off season. Rookie contracts used to be 4 years. This was changed for some reason to three last off season and the 4th year then turned into a restricted FA. I think the only RFAs are players who are coming off rookie deals. I'm not sure why this was done as I missed the discussion on it.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 130)

Postby dasein » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:23 am

That's not quite right hichi. 1st round rookie contracts were always 3 years, with them becoming a RFA after the 3rd. The discussion you allude to was actually over a misunderstanding of how Kal had worded the original rules.

Anyway, RFA only come from rookie contracts. If I've got anyone listed as a RFA in the FA table who hasn't just come off his rookie deal then I've got it wrong.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 369)

Postby silentjim » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 am

dasein wrote:That's not quite right hichi. 1st round rookie contracts were always 3 years, with them becoming a RFA after the 3rd. The discussion you allude to was actually over a misunderstanding of how Kal had worded the original rules.

Anyway, RFA only come from rookie contracts. If I've got anyone listed as a RFA in the FA table who hasn't just come off his rookie deal then I've got it wrong.

I think you're good and I had just glanced at a few guys and didn't realize they were still on Rookie deals. ;-D
silentjim

Postby hi chi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:40 pm

That sounds right. I just remember some confusion over it. Thanks got the clarification. ;-D
PG- A. Miller, C. Paul , T Parker, D. Rose
SG-R. Stuckey, R. Foye
SF- L. James, T. Ariza, G. Wallace
PF- U Haslem, D. West, A. McDyess
C- E. Brand, B.Diaw, Darko
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 130)

Postby silentjim » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 pm

Just noticed the free agent groupings might be wrong. Both Amare Stoudemire and Taj Gibson are on there even though I have them both under contract. Can we take a look at that again? I can't recall who made the list.
silentjim

Postby dasein » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:40 am

I made it, and happy to take a look, but it would help enormously if everyone would do as Jim has done and check against their own FAs.

I went of the 'Player' tab in scully's spreadsheet, not the individual rosters so if something slipped through the cracks there I won't have picked it up.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 369)

Postby So-Tex » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Hey guys! I don't remember if we stated this, but what's the time limit for making picks in the rookie draft? The reason I ask is because I may have inadvertently delayed Fenris's pick (not sure yet, though).

I sent him a PM, but it was threaded to another PM he and I had going about a possible trade. I'm wondering if maybe he saw the header, and didn't regard it as important and "time-sensitive" as a PM header for being on the draft clock would have been.

It could be as simple as he just hasn't checked back in yet. But I want it noted that I made the mistake, and have resent him another PM for the draft specifically.

So long story short, if he's late, it might be because of me...and if that's the case, maybe we could allot him a few more hours (if he needs it).

Thanks fellas! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap