2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby Da Ruhl » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:15 am

I'm personally fine with what dasein did in both instances.

Just my 2c.

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby nsink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 am

scully19 wrote:Sure he is, took over for Cnote's team this year.

Ah my bad in in do many leagues with cap I just assumed he was already in this one. I feel better aboutr the decision then. Altho I do remember being barred from bidding when I made the mistakein previous seasons
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 118)

Postby dasein » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:21 am

nsink wrote:Will do. But I think exceptions need to be discussed and not handed out by a few

Your discontent has been noted. However, stuff like this has always been handled by the rules committee so nothing new here. This league would be unworkable if we opened every little thing up for public debate.

It is a relatively complicated set of rules we have here and we have historically had a policy of giving newbies a little bit of leeway early in the auction process. They know the score now, so that's the end of it. I'd hope everyone would take this in the spirit intended, rather than grumbling about perceived slights. Nobody owns a player until the auction is over, and nobody has been deprived of a chance to win any auction.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby scully19 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:22 am

I honestly don't remember that, although I'm sure you are right. If it was the same situation as this then I would tend to disagree with that then. When some of these confusing ones first appear it's tough to be hard the whole way. I'm on the side of enforcing it proper the next time it comes up regardless.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Postby dasein » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 am

nsink wrote:Altho I do remember being barred from bidding when I made the mistakein previous seasons

I don't remember the details of that. I do know that I've been barred for going over the cap before. So has half the rules committee actually. The difference there, is that we knew the rule and just got careless. This was not the case with Cap.

The reason why we are hard on this rule btw, is that it can really bugger up free agency if someone goes over and it isn't caught until later. Hence a fairly strong incentive to watch your cap closely.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby nsink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:47 am

All u gotta do is go to 2012/2013 forum page, search topic, nsink, and its all there the whole long discussion which ended in me being barred (and I was a room last year). But like u said we shouldn't grip, I'd just think in long term leagues rules need to be consistently applied every year.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

Postby nsink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:48 am

nsink wrote:All u gotta do is go to 2012/2013 forum page, search topic, nsink, and its all there the whole long discussion which ended in me being barred (and I was a room last year). But like u said we shouldn't grip, I'd just think in long term leagues rules need to be consistently applied every year.

Rook not a room,
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

Postby nsink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:49 am

Actually that's a total lie, it just came back to me, bad memory sorry, it was my 2nd year, so maybe a slight difference in situation,
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

Postby capoltorta » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 am

Guys, and particularly nsink, I sincerely apologize for the oversight, but believe me when I say that if I fully understood the rule then I wouldn't have made the mistake. The truth is I had a plan to free up cap space but I thought I didn't have to do anything until I knew I won the bid. My point is that I always fully intended on upping the bid, so don't feel like you were cheated out of more money unless you really wanted to take advantage of a rookie mistake. I have learned my lesson, and if it happens again I will gladly withdraw from the bidding myself. It is a bit of a tricky auction to figure out with all these rules, so I appreciate all your understanding in this matter.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 174)

Postby nsink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 am

Cap it's all good, for some reason I didn't think u were a rook, they are hard to understand, and I'm fine with more bidding, I may have some slight carryover emotion from me being barred once.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap