2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 am

So-Tex wrote:Having a bout of conscious there Rockets? }:-)

With RFA's, you can never be too sure about your bid.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 140)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:15 am

:-b Ok, I can see that...

...but does that mean you've just reset the clock on yourself? :-?

I think we need a ruling here! :-B :-]
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 215)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby nsink » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:15 am

Is the hard cap rule not in effect with cap holds anymore. I remember that was a hard fast rule. yet seems to not be anymore. Dvathurin exceeded the hard cap with his trade and Jack bid. I just would like consistent application of the rules. If we are going to be more lax can be put that in writing. I've been banned (by dvathurin) on exceeded before just curious what is up. Looks like he just artificially inflated the price on Jack. By being allowed to bid then exceed cap for a trade
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 118)

Postby dasein » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:30 am

Alright, alright, don't get your knickers in a twist.

Of course the cap rule is still in effect, and if DV has gone over it then he'll take the penalty and we go back to the last leagl bid before that one. There's been a bit of trading happening leading up to that so we'll need to work out what's happened first. These things don't happen instantly but they get sorted out in the end.

If you notice that something looks wrong, then just politely point it out. The attitude isn't necessary nor helpful.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 432)

Postby capoltorta » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:32 am

The trade was confirmed in public at 10:08pm. His bid for Jack was beaten at 10:40pm so I see what you're saying nsink, but can't we just say that the trade was not official until his bid for Jack was beaten? If he had won Jack then the trade would have been illegal, but since he was outbid he then has enough cap space for the trade to go through at that point. Think of it like this, fine our trade announcement was premature, but now it isn't, so there's no issues.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 175)

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:44 am

I'm an idiot. Move on. Nothing to see here.
Last edited by RocketsDWM on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 140)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsink » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:55 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Trade came first then bid for Jack so DV is good. I think :-?

Other way around.

I guess youre all right. Whatever its no big deal. I'm in a grumpy mood today. No one's fault here. It's just two bids in a row for me that rule breaking costs me. But it's minor. I just wish I'd have been given that type of consideration previously.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

Postby dasein » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:59 am

Regarding the DV thing, this is the way I understand it.

1. DV makes a legal bid on Jack.
2. DV makes a trade that he didn't have a right to make given the cap hold on Jack. So this trade couldn't go through at the time.
3. DV's bid on Jack is beaten, meaning he now has the cap space to make the proposed trade.

Is this about right? If so then no harm is done. The Jack bid was legal at the time he made it, so nothing needs doing to that auction. And given that he now has the space to do the trade, there should be no problem with that either. My feeling is that handing out a penalty like "you can't do the trade" would be a bit heavy handed as it would also penalise Cap who has done nothing wrong here.

So bit of a first here, but I think allowing the trade to go through on a "second attempt" is the way to go. Sloppy work, but no real damage done.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 432)

Postby nsink » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:06 am

Seems like a slippery slope from what I was told. 75 mil may never be exceeded. But again its minor, rockets was likely to price me out on jack anyway.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

Postby nsink » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:11 am

dasein wrote:Regarding the DV thing, this is the way I understand it.

1. DV makes a legal bid on Jack.
2. DV makes a trade that he didn't have a right to make given the cap hold on Jack. So this trade couldn't go through at the time.
3. DV's bid on Jack is beaten, meaning he now has the cap space to make the proposed trade.

Is this about right? If so then no harm is done. The Jack bid was legal at the time he made it, so nothing needs doing to that auction. And given that he now has the space to do the trade, there should be no problem with that either. My feeling is that handing out a penalty like "you can't do the trade" would be a bit heavy handed as it would also penalise Cap who has done nothing wrong here.

So bit of a first here, but I think allowing the trade to go through on a "second attempt" is the way to go. Sloppy work, but no real damage done.

I agree I don't want to penalize cap, but no penalty for DV at all throws the whole rule out. Maybe a 2nd rd pick, or a cap hit, I dunno.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap