2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: Fenris-77, silentjim, RedHopeful, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:25 am

25M for LMA is a lot of cash for a guy who may or may not be a top ten player this year. I hope that works out for you Cap. 8-o
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby capoltorta » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:05 pm

Alright guys, now that I've won the LMA bargain buster auction, I can explain, not that I need to, but maybe to at least curb the mockery temporarily. First off and foremost, I WILL NOT BE TRADING LMA, so those if you with a much cheaper Lebron or Durant, just forget it, and no, I won't take your second best player too. Believe it or not I do have a method to my madness and it is a 4-year plan. For the next 4 year I will be operating with a 50M budget, which is why I have tried my best to dump veterans and stockpile rookies. Some of these rookies might be busts, but if I can get lucky on two or three of them, I will be in great shape just when they are hitting their primes, so in 4-5 years I shoukd have a pretty interesting core with LMA's bird rights in hand. Secondly, I've decided to go all in on a punt-BLK strategy with Lee and Ersan, and one that is strong in FT%, so ideally, this strategy doesn't work without LMA. I managed to clear up a whole whack of cap space dealing Pau, Scola, Gay, Vasquez, and McGee, so I went into the auction deciding to win Aldridge whatever the cost may be. The truth is my team doesn't work without him so as expensive as he was (thank yiu So/Tex), the player matters more to me than the salary so I will make it work.I'd like to think that for Pau Gasol and Rudy Gay's combined 25M, I made a pretty good upgrade. Since I am a new player, I will be tue first to entre our new "no max" landscape. You can call it a cautionary tale, but I'm pretty sure in 2-3 years some of you will be here with me.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 197)

Postby dcdoorknob » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Oh man, I was just contemplating whether I should offer Durant + Thad Young to Cap for Aldridge, but apparently I shouldn't even bother. Drats! :~(
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 86)

Postby capoltorta » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 pm

If you throw in two first round picks then maybe we can start negotiating but anything less, don't waste your time! ;)
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

Postby silentjim » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:39 pm

dcdoorknob wrote:Oh man, I was just contemplating whether I should offer Durant + Thad Young to Cap for Aldridge, but apparently I shouldn't even bother. Drats! :~(

Hahahaha.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 632)

Postby dasein » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Here's a tip for new players, from someone that recently bought a house in a city where everything goes to auction: Going up in small (read 0.1M) increments is a weak-ass auction technique that is unlikely to get you a good result. This just tends to make the price creep up slowly. And like the frog in the pot of water, you don't notice it.

Strong bidding is how you win auctions. ;-)

Just don't take it too far like cap. :-b
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 387)

Re: Marcin Gortat

Postby nykos » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:46 pm

DRul: Internet pbls again?
You rule Man!
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 228)

Postby Da Ruhl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 am

dasein,

very good advice - will take into account - thanks!

nykos,

Yes, the "Internet pbls" (cafe site being down @4:45AM and again @2PM although it was back up shortly afterward the second time) that caused my late (although less than 12hrs) bid at about ~2:30 are the same ones that caused the late (although again less than 12hrs) bid at ~6PM as I was only able to take care of one bid at 2:30. Very well spotted!

Very much appreciate your kind words in your post below and PM's - thanks buddy! :-) Nicest things anyone's said to me all day! :-D

Best,

DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 149)

Postby capoltorta » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to check something. Are we able to trade cap penalties? If not I think we should and it could be like a trade exception.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

Postby dasein » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:09 pm

capoltorta wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to check something. Are we able to trade cap penalties? If not I think we should and it could be like a trade exception.

Interesting idea, but as it stands, no we can't.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 387)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap