2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby dasein » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:54 am

Don't think we have an official timer for making picks. It's more a make an honest effort to be timely type of thing and we generally haven't had much issue. As long as Fenris has been sent a pm, that's all we can do. He'll be on to it soon enough.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:25 am

I went through the FA group again (using the Players list from the spreadsheet) and I think this is good. I also shifted it around a bit so all the RFAs are no longer in the same group and added another row so it's 7 by 10 now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq7GgxFscbT8dHJ0eVdlQ204emRMV1FDdGFqOU41T3c&usp=sharing
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:39 pm

dasein,

Looks good! Depending on when we get started I might suggest shuffling Mo Williams back to a later group - preferable we know what team he's signed for before he auctions... Of course if that happens before we start, no worries...

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 159)

Postby silentjim » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Da Ruhl wrote:dasein,

Looks good! Depending on when we get started I might suggest shuffling Mo Williams back to a later group - preferable we know what team he's signed for before he auctions... Of course if that happens before we start, no worries...

-DR

Agreed that this probably makes sense. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby dasein » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Remember that the order that columns come on line is randomised before we start. Group 1 (with Mo) only has 1/7 chance of being first cap of the rank.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 pm

dasein wrote:Remember that the order that columns come on line is randomised before we start. Group 1 (with Mo) only has 1/7 chance of being first cap of the rank.

I think we should get away from that. It's just too confusing. Let's just move across in numerical order. The point is really so people can understand or get a feel for when guys will be available.

Or if we do randomize them, then just put the columns in the order they are being put up for auction. So if the current Group 1 is going to be last, then they should now just be group 7.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dasein » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:13 pm

ok, fair enough.

Randomisation done and they now sitting in order going from 1 to 7. Moved Mo over to the last one just to be sure. ;-)
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:21 pm

dasein wrote:ok, fair enough.

Randomisation done and they now sitting in order going from 1 to 7. Moved Mo over to the last one just to be sure. ;-)

Perfect! Thanks man!
silentjim

Optimistic Easy Newbie Questions

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:02 pm

All,

Quick easy optimistic newbie questions:

Is playoffs first round 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. or are there some form of "divisions"?

Is there a "loser's bracket" once you're knocked out of the playoffs or is your season just done?

Is the final week of the playoffs the last (usually partial) week of the season? The last full week and the last partial week combined? Just the last full week?

I think NBA schedule is set to come out Tue, so kinda curious, and I didn't find this info anywhere...

Thanks!

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 159)

Re: Optimistic Easy Newbie Questions

Postby barrec » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Da Ruhl wrote:All,

Quick easy optimistic newbie questions:

Is playoffs first round 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. or are there some form of "divisions"?

Is there a "loser's bracket" once you're knocked out of the playoffs or is your season just done?

Is the final week of the playoffs the last (usually partial) week of the season? The last full week and the last partial week combined? Just the last full week?

I think NBA schedule is set to come out Tue, so kinda curious, and I didn't find this info anywhere...

Thanks!

-DR

Playoffs are indeed 1-8, 207, etc (no byes last year). There is not consolation bracket for teams seeded 9th or worse, but losers in the championship bracket played it out. And last year the last week of the playoffs happened April 1-7, so it looked like a full week (week 23 of fantasy).
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap