2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby dasein » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 am

D'oh!

I went ahead and put cap's bid on George in the winning bids thread before asking snake if he wanted to match.

My bad. O:-)

(He can post in the winners thread. Should he want to)
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Da Ruhl » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 am

Ok, I'll get ahead and acknowledge my last minute bid on Thabo this time was totally my fault and lame.

Not an intentional bidding tactic and no good excuse this time, just life getting in the way - sorry.

FWIW, I also missed a trade opportunity I wanted b/c I couldn't post quickly enough, so I am getting punished for it, if indirectly.

Sorry!

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 144)

Postby dasein » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:46 am

DR, you've still got 20mins to cock block JR Smith. Don't wanna do it too early I understand. :-b
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 369)

Postby capoltorta » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I don't know what the big deal is, I still have enough cap space to fill out my roster this year and I landed the two best players available, so tell me again what I did so wrong? I will worry about 2015 when it's 2015. For now I am fielding a team that consists of Aldridge, George, Lee, Walker, and several top rookies, not to mention I have two 2014 firsts and two 2015 firsts in my back pocket, so I am actually pretty happy with my offseason considering the team I had to take over. Sure, I won't have any flexibility for the next few years, but this is the team I want so who cares.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 194)

Postby silentjim » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:53 pm

capoltorta wrote:I don't know what the big deal is, I still have enough cap space to fill out my roster this year and I landed the two best players available, so tell me again what I did so wrong? I will worry about 2015 when it's 2015. For now I am fielding a team that consists of Aldridge, George, Lee, Walker, and several top rookies, not to mention I have two 2014 firsts and two 2015 firsts in my back pocket, so I am actually pretty happy with my offseason considering the team I had to take over. Sure, I won't have any flexibility for the next few years, but this is the team I want so who cares.

You've got a strategy so I wouldn't worry too much what other people think. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)

Postby scully19 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:17 pm

I guess now I'm officially bowing out. I'm not going to be dropping anyone else.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 187)

Postby Da Ruhl » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Nice dasein! ;-D

I've definitely earned that one with my inexplicable predilection for last minute bids on mediocre-if-cheap SG's. Latest incidence: Vinsanity.

On the flipside, I'll probably wind up with Ariza, Bayless, Carter, Chalmers, Henderson, Sefolosha and Webster for less than half the cost of Aldridge... that's gotta be a good thing... right??? :-o :-)

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby silentjim » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:32 am

All of this wheeling and dealing to get money to make bids and then place them in the 11th hour is getting annoying. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:41 am

Since some of the rows are fully complete in the FA groups, I'm simply going to start adding from the next column over of available players. I'd like to keep at least 10 players being bid on at all times. ;-D
silentjim

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:34 am

Rules question:

Rules state:

During the season, a team without open roster spots may still bid on free agents. If such a team wins an auction, it will have 24hrs from the close of the auction to drop a player from it’s roster and claim the newly won player. If this does not occur within this time limit, the auction may be deemed void, and the player returned to the FA pool. Note that a team may not place a bid that puts it over the Salary C, even if it would be under the cap after the subsequent drop of a player currently on the roster.

What about during the offseason? I'm guessing I can go over 16 players as long as I'm down to 16 by the start of the season - but not sure.

Thanks!

-Dennis
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap