2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby scully19 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:36 pm

I can fix that players sheet. For some reason it doesn't auto update, basically just did a search for any player without a contract whether owned bird rights or not. I just have to update it every once in a while, that once is now and the while just happened. Good to go.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 189)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby nsink » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:58 pm

dasein wrote:With the scheduled auctions almost over, it might be an idea to get our teams loaded into yahoo before we open the floor to nominations. I've noticed that the player list in the spreadsheet is not the most up to date, which makes it hard to know which players are unowned.

Hopefully it won't take too long to do this- maybe a day or 2.

EDIT: just noticed someone still hasn't joined the league on yahoo. From a quick eyeball it looks like fenris.

On a slightly similar note. When do we have to do the cut down to 16? When we load Yahoo league? Or can it be after
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 111)

Postby dasein » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:07 pm

hmm..good question. Officially it would be before the first game of the season but I'm loading onto yahoo now, and if there are more than 16 on a roster I'm a gonna have problems.

Maybe I just do as much as I can so we can get the season up and running on yahoo, and we use the forum to track rostered playerd I havn't been able to add.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 376)

Postby So-Tex » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:23 pm

What I would do is simply add 16 to each roster in order to open the league, but then give notice to those managers who have more than 16 that they need to trim down by a certain date, preferably a few days before the season starts, in order to give you a good chance to update the rosters without having to upset your personal life too much. ;-)

Even if we have the league open, I'm still going by the salaries spreadsheet when making my list of "nominees" to try and pick up before the season starts. So just because I see a guy on the wire doesn't mean I'll be jumping straight into nominating him without double checking to see if he's already owned.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby dasein » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Ok, teams have been loaded. We'll have to wait until yahoo updates itself before they'll be visible though. It might be best to wait until this happens before we go nominating more players. That way everyone can see clearly who's still available.

Overflow players wasn't that big a deal in the end- only 4 players that wouldn't fit:

owned by Da Ruhl: Martell Webster and Brandon Rush
owned by nsink: Chase Budinger and Alec Burks

So as long as you don't nominate one of them you should be good.

A side note- I thought it was kinda funny how we ended up with guys like Tony Allen and Harkless going for the minimum (or near it) early on, and finished up with Rush and Stiemsma getting more than that :-b
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby So-Tex » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 am

So quick question, just for clarification...are these auctions we're going to be nominated here still going to fall under the 12 hr time limit? Or are they shifting to the 48 hr one?
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 181)

Postby Da Ruhl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:11 am

dasein,

I don't actually own Carl Landry, so he shouldn't be on my team.

Could you make my one "overflow" player Kendall Marshall?

Thanks!

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 145)

Postby dasein » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:35 am

@ SoTex. Maybe 24hrs now. 48 seems a bit much while we're still in offseason mode.

@ DR. Whoops, I'll fix it latter.

@ Cap. I don't know what the record was for WTF moves in a single season was, but you've blown it out of the water.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Da Ruhl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:44 am

Thanks Dasein.

Moving to 24 hours now would be great!

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 145)

Postby capoltorta » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:14 am

I know it's a lot to give up, and I might have been able to negotiate a little more with nykos, but I don't care what anybody says, this was a great deal for me. Future draft picks could be huge assets, but they could also be complete busts, so there's a ton of risk involved, and a LOT of waiting. Part of the reason why I wanted to stockpiled so many picks was to make a big move and go for it this year. You guys can officially call me Mr. Overpay if you want, but part of the fun of this league, and fantasy sports in general, is always trying to improve your team. Adding draft picks and a salary cap to the mix makes it more long term, but the point is always to win, and that's what I had in mind. Moreover, Bledsoe is a surefire dynasty stud, so no matter who those picks end up being, there's no guarantee any of them will be, including BMC, who is currently projected to finish 229th overall this year. Not to mention Danny Green, who's already a top 50 player at 26, and poised to take over the aging Spurs. I may have made some crazy deals and signings so far this year, but any way you slice it, I took over a go-nowhere team and am now going into the season a contender, not to mention, that I still have 3 first round picks in the next 2 years, so I am in fine shape for the future, and look at me now: Aldridge, George, Walker, Lee, Bledsoe, Green, Burke, Carter-Williams, Seraphin...
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 196)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap