2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby dasein » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:56 am

Hey, if you think four first round picks is worth a 1-yr rental of Bledsloe and Green I'm not gonna argue. Just hope you're still here in 4 years. ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 435)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby capoltorta » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:09 am

Yes, I think FOUR first round picks are worth a potential future top 10 player and top 30 player. And who said anything about rentals? It's not like they are all lottery picks, McLemore was, but there's no guarantee that any of the others will even be top 10 picks, so there's tons of risk there. What would it have had to be to be fair in your opinion, BMC and TWO first rounders? Maybe that is what the trade should have been, but unfortunately nykos (wisely) would not accept that. Paying so much for my dynamic duo meant I had to find cheap contributors, even if I can't retain them, I will have as good as shot as anyone this year and that speaks volumes to me. Plus, the better FAs will want to sign with me (for less) because I'm a winner! Thanks Ujiri! :-B
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 168)

Postby dasein » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:34 am

capoltorta wrote:Yes, I think FOUR first round picks are worth a potential future top 10 player and top 30 player.

:-b

capoltorta wrote: And who said anything about rentals?

Well, this is the last year of their contracts. Bird rights won't help you if someone else has more money to spend. And someone else will have more money to spend.

capoltorta wrote: What would it have had to be to be fair in your opinion,

Let's just say I would have negotiated harder.

capoltorta wrote: Plus, the better FAs will want to sign with me (for less) because I'm a winner! Thanks Ujiri! :-B

:-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby capoltorta » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:53 am

Just to point out, Danny Green, 26, finished 21st overall in per-36 (+15mpg) last year, and Eric Bledsoe, 23, finished 23rd, so that's just a glimpse of how good they are going to be at the peak of their careers.

Yeah, and I will publicly announce now that David Lee will probably not be on my roster next year, and it's possible MCW won't either, so that would give me 24M in cap space to spend between Walker, Bledsoe, and Green, so we'll see who's a rental.

Agreed, I should have negotiated further, but this was a deal I had to make, and the way this league is going, things can change in a heartbeat so I had to get it done tonight. Oh well, unless I gave away Wiggins I am good with it.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 168)

Postby dasein » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:16 am

Ok, so the list of unowned players is now viewable in Yahoo. I see no reason why we can't open the nominations to everyone now, but if it get's too crazy we'll rain it in a bit.

Reminder that we'll do a 24hr period from now till the season starts.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby nykos » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:57 pm

how do we manage trades? as yahoo runs, I can swap green, bledsoe for MacLemore with Cap in Yahoo directly an that's it?
or the commish does it?
thanks
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 208)

Postby dasein » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:02 pm

nykos wrote:how do we manage trades? as yahoo runs, I can swap green, bledsoe for MacLemore with Cap in Yahoo directly an that's it?
or the commish does it?
thanks

You guys are old enough to make your own bed. Just make sure any trades are also recorded in the forums. ;-D
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby nykos » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:06 pm

OK!
is there a rule stating that trades must be stated here before going on in Yahoo? I guess that would make sense for all salaries checks?
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 208)

Postby scully19 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:12 pm

If it's an illegal trade it gets canceled. You should essentially post it here and make the trade on yahoo. The order should be one after the other so it shouldn't matter at the time off which goes first as long as they both happen. Just make sure when making a trade it works under the cap.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Postby TheRobSays » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 pm

capoltorta wrote:Just to point out, Danny Green, 26, finished 21st overall in per-36 (+15mpg) last year, and Eric Bledsoe, 23, finished 23rd, so that's just a glimpse of how good they are going to be at the peak of their careers.

Yeah, and I will publicly announce now that David Lee will probably not be on my roster next year, and it's possible MCW won't either, so that would give me 24M in cap space to spend between Walker, Bledsoe, and Green, so we'll see who's a rental.

Agreed, I should have negotiated further, but this was a deal I had to make, and the way this league is going, things can change in a heartbeat so I had to get it done tonight. Oh well, unless I gave away Wiggins I am good with it.

I think by definition they are rentals because you only have one year left on their deals and then they are free agents. If you cant trade Lee then it will hurt you to buy him out as you have to do it in the offseason and eat two years worth of salary (not just one).

It seems like a lot, I would have traded you for that package as well!
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 72)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap