thanks Scully!
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 226)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby scully19 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:20 pm

So apparently right now on Yahoo TO's need to be higher, not lower... I have 0 TO since no one has played yet, and hi chi has 13, and is somehow winning that cat.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 202)

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:56 pm

scully19 wrote:So apparently right now on Yahoo TO's need to be higher, not lower... I have 0 TO since no one has played yet, and hi chi has 13, and is somehow winning that cat.

Stat Tracker doesn't allow you to qualify for a cat you don't have any contributions in. Just like .100 FT% beats a team who doesn't shoot any free throws. It's always been like that. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby scully19 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Ya but I do have a contribution in TO's. 0. Roman's made 0 a number a long time ago and Yahoo should accept that. 13 is higher than 0. 0.100 is also higher than 0 for your FT example.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:28 pm

scully19 wrote:Ya but I do have a contribution in TO's. 0. Roman's made 0 a number a long time ago and Yahoo should accept that. 13 is higher than 0. 0.100 is also higher than 0 for your FT example.

What I'm saying is you need to have a player play. You don't have zero TOs. You have null TOs, which isn't a number.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 727)

Postby dasein » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm

I haven't played a game yet in a roto league and I've got 12 pts for to there. So there's that
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 432)

Postby scully19 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:30 am

God damnit why can't my guys wait a couple days before blowing up...
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby So-Tex » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:32 am

So here's a question (or, a couple of interweaving ones) regarding winning player auctions:

What defines the point of signing? When the auction is over, is the player "officially" signed? Or is it once said player is placed on the Yahoo roster? The rules only specify this for teams with full (16 man) rosters:

During the season, a team without open roster spots may still bid on free agents. If such a team wins an auction, it will have 24hrs from the close of the auction to drop a player from it’s roster and claim the newly won player. If this does not occur within this time limit, the auction may be deemed void, and the player returned to the FA pool. Note that a team may not place a bid that puts it over the Salary C, even if it would be under the cap after the subsequent drop of a player currently on the roster.

So if I'm understanding the rule correctly, if I have a full roster, and I bid on Player X and win him, I have 24 hrs to put him on my Yahoo roster or else I lose him back to the FA pool. So, for all intents and purposes, The point of Player X being "officially" signed would be once he's ON my Yahoo roster (at least that's the way I'm understanding it).

With that being said, does this same 24 hr time limit rule hold true for teams UNDER the 16 man limit? And if so, does that mean if a won player is NOT picked up within 24 hrs, the auction is voided?

Just want some clarification on this. ;-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 215)

Postby dasein » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:58 am

This hasn't really popped up before, so I don't think we have a clear rule on it.

The last question is easy- the same rule should apply whether or not you have a full roster.

The first part, I could see go two ways.

1. We say the contract is signed when the auction is won. This is the simplest way.

2. The pick up on Yahoo is the point of contract signature, and the auction win would be the "right to sign" within that 24hr window. This kind of makes more sense mechanistically given roster rules, but it potentially opens it up to abuse. You could put in spec bids on a hot FA, and then just pretend it never happened a couple days latter if he flames out after a couple games, a la El Hombre Indestructable.

Really a philosophical question around how concrete we want our bids to be. On the one hand, no.2 seems a bit inconsistent with the offseason free agency. On the other hand, no harm no foul- you don't pick the guy up, someone else can if they want.

I could probably be talked into either option.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 432)

Postby scully19 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 am

I disagree a bit there. If you bid on a player, you can't win him then not pick him up and let him walk without paying. Bidding is an offer sheet, you're money is already out there, you don't get 72hours to change your mind afterwards and get off scott free.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap