2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:42 am

Wow. Tough decision on Bennett but probably the right one. No.1 pick already useless. Its unfathomable.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:00 am

His stats are incredible. He's been completely unusable, and I don't see him getting any better anytime soon. Certainly not next year, maybe the year after that, and I don't have the patience to wait that long to maybe be serviceable. At least I didn't pick him first and also aren't paying him real millions of dollars.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:10 pm

scully19 wrote:His stats are incredible. He's been completely unusable, and I don't see him getting any better anytime soon. Certainly not next year, maybe the year after that, and I don't have the patience to wait that long to maybe be serviceable. At least I didn't pick him first and also aren't paying him real millions of dollars.

Derrick Williams <cough>
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 pm

So do I own DJ Augustin at this point or not? My internet access over the last month has been awful and I wasn't immediately able to pick him up when my bid went uncontested and then I wasn't sure what was going on because DV bid on him. If he's mine I'll add him. If not, I won't. I'll add Roberts right now though since I managed to stay logged in so far. :-B
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby scully19 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:33 am

Been making a run since the horrible start to the year to try to get myself back into a playoff position. Getting close now, and over the next 5 weeks (after this one) I play 4 of the teams in my way to do so. From snake in 5th 5.5 games up to Love Returns 1 game up. Going to be a close race me thinks.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:16 pm

I'd feel better about the whole playoff thing if Ihad anything beyond Randy effing Foye at SG. An oversight in my free agent game plan perhaps. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby Da Ruhl » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:57 am

Long overdue update of my roster in the roster thread, fyi.

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 153)

Postby nykos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:29 am

added my roster! to help trace the changes I guess ;-D
nykos
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 208)

Postby dasein » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 pm

A reminder that if you bid for a player, and win the auction then you bought him whether of not you pick him up.

Had a run lately of guys buying, then not picking up the player. If you win an auction, you're supposed to make the pick up within 24 hours. There's a bit of leeway here, but doing so months after or not at all is bad form. If you win an auction, then decide you don't want the player, the thing to do is waive him in the usual way.

Fortunately the players in question have been of marginal value so it hasn't created any issues in terms of wins and losses, but we'd like to see this aspect tidied up going forward.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 435)

Postby Da Ruhl » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:29 am

Totally fair. I should have picked up Ed Davis much earlier. I'm pretty confident (as mentioned) that Brandon Rush didn't do anything for me in the interim.

I'm quite glad to waive Ed Davis (in addition or instead of Brandon Rush), if that feels more fair to folks, as I clearly messed up. Frankly, at this point I don't expect either to wind up on my roster for next year. Just let me know.

On a side note, when I cut and waived Kendall Marshall and Ryan Kelly pre-season, I would have never expected that (at least briefly) that would be 40% of the Laker's starting lineup... pretty crazy.

And, on another different note, Scully rocked me last week... all of a sudden he's crushing fools.... hats off to him!

-DR
Da Ruhl
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 153)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap