2013-2014 Season Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2013-2014 Season Discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2013-2014 Season Discussion

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Da Ruhl wrote:Totally fair. I should have picked up Ed Davis much earlier. I'm pretty confident (as mentioned) that Brandon Rush didn't do anything for me in the interim.

I'm quite glad to waive Ed Davis (in addition or instead of Brandon Rush), if that feels more fair to folks, as I clearly messed up. Frankly, at this point I don't expect either to wind up on my roster for next year. Just let me know.

On a side note, when I cut and waived Kendall Marshall and Ryan Kelly pre-season, I would have never expected that (at least briefly) that would be 40% of the Laker's starting lineup... pretty crazy.

And, on another different note, Scully rocked me last week... all of a sudden he's crushing fools.... hats off to him!

-DR

No need to waive Davis. Consider this your one free pass. Same with cap not getting hit with Kelly's 250K on his cap for this season.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 163)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby capoltorta » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 pm

I thought the rule was if you had a full roster you could still bid on a player, and if you win him you have 24 hours to make room for him via dropping or trade, otherwise you lose the right to bid on that player again? I'm happy to take the cap hit too if that's the rule.
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 174)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm

capoltorta wrote:I thought the rule was if you had a full roster you could still bid on a player, and if you win him you have 24 hours to make room for him via dropping or trade, otherwise you lose the right to bid on that player again? I'm happy to take the cap hit too if that's the rule.

The rule is if you have a full roster you can bid on another player and technically have 17 players for 24 hours. However, you can't bid on players win them and just refuse to pick them up and not assume you don't owe them money. That's the issue that's being brought up. A win is a win in the auction. If you win a player and don't pick him up for weeks on end that's your teams personal loss. However not adding them to your roster doesn't mean the deal didn't take place.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby scully19 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:30 pm

And here the playoffs are, Congrats to DC on another big season and taking the year long crown.

Of course first round has me playing Fenris, as we can't go a Fantasy basketball season without meeting each other in the playoffs. Good luck to you again sir and our never-ending rivalry.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 203)

Postby dasein » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:46 pm

And with a dramatic final week too. DV needed a big win and a loss by snake to move up and claim the last playoff spot.

Also, places 2-4 were within a half game of each other. Not really sure why Yahoo put scully as the 3 seed and me as the 4. We have the exact same winning %, only I had more games won and won the regular season match up between us. Guess they just went with the "scully must play fenris" rule.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby scully19 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:45 pm

lol I never saw that dasein, just saw the playoff lineup and didn't check records. Nice and close way to finish the year, I wonder what the did use for a tie-breaker though, the only difference on the main page was that I had less moves than you, but the clear choices to me would be what you said with head to head or wins. Maybe it was less loses. I dunno. Anyways, good luck to you.

Should also be said congrats to Cap. We gave him a hard time at the start of the year, and while I still don't agree with his main moves we all know of, he certainly put together a nice year in the end.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 pm

dasein wrote:And with a dramatic final week too. DV needed a big win and a loss by snake to move up and claim the last playoff spot.

Also, places 2-4 were within a half game of each other. Not really sure why Yahoo put scully as the 3 seed and me as the 4. We have the exact same winning %, only I had more games won and won the regular season match up between us. Guess they just went with the "scully must play fenris" rule.

I'll take it. I knew it was going to be close, since I had to take multiple categories(one of which was free throw percentage) to win 7 categories, and I had to play jordan for his boards based on what happened earlier that day.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 163)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:12 pm

As per usual, me and Fenris go right to the wire in what is always a close match. 1% diff FG, 5 3's, 20 pts, 25 rebs, 29 asts, 6 steals, 14 TO. The only blowouts were FT and Blocks, every other cat was decided yesterday. Fun season, pretty happy with how it went for me and the turn around I was able to put together to take me to the top 3 in the league. Always appreciate the battles with Fenris. Good luck the rest of the way all.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby capoltorta » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Congrats dasein, nice round 1 win, I thought I had a chance there but you got me good in the end. Of course, the devastation of losing my best player right before playoffs will haunt me forever. I think the fantasy gods played a cruel joke on me after I made him the highest paid player in the league. All in all, I took over the second last place team last year and came within 4.5 points of first overall so I am pretty happy with my finish. Also I have to say kudos to everyone in charge of running this league, great job on all fronts and I am thrilled to be a part of it now, thanks for having me! GL in the rest of the playoffs everyone, and GO RAPTORS!!!
capoltorta
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 174)

Postby dasein » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:50 pm

No need to be haunted cap. LMA would have given you pts and rbd, but wouldn't have made a difference anywhere else. So in all liklihood it woulda been 6-3 instead of 8-1. That said, the fantasy gods do seem to be having a chuckle here.

We all new the championship was gonna go through DC, but I was hoping to avoid Durant's 4-game week. Bugger :-o
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 443)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap