2013-14 Sleepers -- Who will be the next Chandler Parsons? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2013-14 Sleepers -- Who will be the next Chandler Parsons?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2013-14 Sleepers -- Who will be the next Chandler Parson

Postby The Thrill » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I'm not sure if these guys would qualify as sleepers, but I think they may outperform their draft slot. I'm keeing an eye on them and assessing the situations.

- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- Nick Young
- Reggie Jackson/Jeremy Lamb (not too sure about both, likely one or the other as Phil stated)

- Alec Burks (he played respectable minutes in Feb/early March last season and the results were meeger, but if he can continue to improve and work on keeping TO's down, might be worth a late round flier. If he can't keep the T0's down with more minutes, forget it, and those minutes will eventually go elsewhere).

- Mike Dunleavy (yes, Butler and Deng are good and all, but let's not write off Dunleavy entirely - don't forget about him on draft day anyway, likely worth a last round flier with potential for some small amount of upside -- worthy of the UTIL spot). There's not much depth in Chicago at SG/SF.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby spud_webb_04 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Maybe a guy that folks will be sleeping on (thank you shaq) is Javaaale McGee, if he can keep the boneheaded plays to a minimum he will be a great source of blk and reb and possibly more scoring than we are used from him.
I like fournier also alot, might be certainly worth a shot in the later rounds of the draft
spud_webb_04
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 141)

Postby ggs » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:22 pm

spud_webb_04 wrote:Maybe a guy that folks will be sleeping on (thank you shaq) is Javaaale McGee, if he can keep the boneheaded plays to a minimum he will be a great source of blk and reb and possibly more scoring than we are used from him.
I like fournier also alot, might be certainly worth a shot in the later rounds of the draft

seeing a lot of hype for mcgee this year with karl oot, might even be moving into the overvalued camp. have no problems with him if he's there in the 5th or even 6th, but its looking like you might need to spend an early 4th on him. he's still javale mcgee, after all.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:07 pm

i'll admit Morris steal and block potential is nice, but it's hard to love a PF who shoots 40%. If Frye is any kind of healthy I could see him winning that starter job
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 am

Frye = Anderson /discussion. Dwight logic is what matters in this case IMO. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Have a few guys who I'm high on listed HERE.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks for the post Red. A lot of players worth thinking about. Had to keep reminding myself that it was for a 16 team league though when I was looking at the draft position for each player. :-b
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:29 pm

I think people are sleeping on Jared Dudley.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 158)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Phil O'Pastry wrote:I think people are sleeping on Jared Dudley.

I was sleeping on him but I found that, even wrapped in stuffing, he's all pointy knees and elbows, so I moved back to my old mattress. That's fantasy hoops for you. ;-D

Back to sleepers though, I'm starting to warm up to Quincy Acy almost despite my Raps fandom (which expects him to continue the team's dynasty of futility). More for deeper roto formats as a bench and stash, but he's excellent on the ratios, puts up very solid Blk/Stl totals, and is a decent rebounder - there's nothing there not to like if he happens into some more meaningful playing time. He's even got some limited upside from three. Anyway, given how blah the deeper bigs look this year I may give Acy a whirl in a league or two as my last or second last pick.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby Blane33 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:22 am

I like wilson chandler, Gordon Hayward and Jeff green in reverse order if you can call them sleepers. Probably more like breakout players.

I like spencer Hawes with a depleted roster around him; robin Lopez to quietly have another solid year with good percentages; and lastly Caron butler has one last flash in the pan season as other cast aside vets have done. Caution: history says he stubs his toe in February and misses 15 games.
Blane33
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Response Team
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers