2013-14 Sleepers -- Who will be the next Chandler Parsons? - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

2013-14 Sleepers -- Who will be the next Chandler Parsons?

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: 2013-14 Sleepers -- Who will be the next Chandler Parson

Postby The Thrill » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:26 am

We should probably add James Anderson to this list to keep an eye on.

I'm also keeping an eye on Tony Wroten as there seems to be plenty of positive comments on him lately.

I don't think either presents top 50 value, but rather more like top 100 to top 125 value if things fall into place and go right for them.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm

The Thrill wrote:We should probably add James Anderson to this list to keep an eye on.

I'm also keeping an eye on Tony Wroten as there seems to be plenty of positive comments on him lately.

I don't think either presents top 50 value, but rather more like top 100 to top 125 value if things fall into place and go right for them.

I've been impressed by the energy Brett Brown has the kids playing with. Yeah, it's been a couple of preseason games, but the effort has been nice.

Wroten is enticing, as he's always had the athleticism for the game. Now if he's found some semblance of a shooting stroke, he's worth a stab in deeper leagues. What I'm watching is his FT%. 16/18 so far in preseason seems to indicate he may have found something.

James Anderson isn't a bad gamble neither. He's nowhere near the athlete Wroten is, but he's easily their best outside shooter.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby spud_webb_04 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:48 pm

I nabbed wroten in a deep keeper league and i'm glad i did, he looked very nice with alot of confidence and a nice jumper. His coach is crazy about him so he is bound to get alot of playing time.
spud_webb_04
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 141)

Postby The Thrill » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Adding to the list of sleepers:

Donatas Motiejunas
Taj Gibson

and I'm also keeping an eye on Jeffery Taylor. I'm not so sure MKG is going to make the next step this season and Taylor has been impressing during summer league and preseason.
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Phil O'Pastry » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 pm

James Anderson. He has been starting for Philly and doing well.
Phil O'Pastry
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Response Team
(Past Year: 158)

Postby bujfan2030 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:17 pm

I hope you're right Thrill about Motiejunas, but I saw some recent speculation on Red 94 that with Casspi's ascension,and the times that Asik gets PF minutes One of Jones and Motiejunas will only get 10 minutes a game and the other will get nada.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby deadshot11 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 am

Gordon Hayward

The Jazz backcourt is missing a LOT of key minutes guys from last year, and the announcers in Utah are very high on Hayward being a key playmaker. They think he's a lock to average 35 mpg, up from around 30 the last two years. He's leading the team in a number of stats this preseason, and I think is very very likely to outperform his ADP of 93.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby deadshot11 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 am

Also, Chris Kaman is by far winning the bid to start next to Pau Gasol, and even if he doesn't, the Lakers are going to heavily rely on the trio of Gasol-Kaman-Hill at the 4-5. Kaman's looked great, has the skills to rebound, block, and score around the basket with both hands. His ADP is low enough that I can't even find it on Yahoo (lower than 136) and for someone looking for another C at the end of the draft who can put up all the main big man stats with solid percentages, I would pick up Kaman 10 times out of 10.

The only downside is his injury history, but he's motivated to prove himself this year, and has completely changed his diet to dedicate himself. (Used to be a vegetarian because he didn't like the injected hormones in meat, but is now eating all grass-fed beef as protein.)
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby ggs » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:37 pm

^i like both hayward and kaman this year.

derozan has looked very strong so far in the preseason, showing good instincts on both sides of the ball. usually don't like owning him b/c of the relatively empty stats he provides, but this year might be different if he can add that three ball and develop into a 20 ppg scorer.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:10 pm

In re Donatas Motiejunas - I don't like him, nor Terrance Jones. Think McHale will either go with an Asik/Howard combo when needed, or, the majority of the time, go small ball. Outside of the obvious HOU core (Harden, Parsons, Lin, Howard), for fantasy production I like, in order: Beverley, Garcia, Casspi and Asik.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers