Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Commentary

Moderator: jphanned

Draft Commentary

Postby jphanned » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:16 pm

The draft will commence on Wednesday, August 14. ;-D

Just a refresher for the returners and a note to the new guys -- because this mock draft is used primarily as a learning tool (for both the guys drafting and the viewers), the mentioning of undrafted players is perfectly fine. Feel free to talk about who else you were considering at your spot, how Player A will affect Player B's value, or anything else along those lines.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:45 pm

I hate waiting. :-C On the upside I now have something that, at least in a dim light, might be mistaken for rankings. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:39 pm

jphanned wrote:The draft will commence on Wednesday, August 15. ;-D

Wednesday is the 14th. :-D I assume we're starting on Wednesday and not the 15th?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 601)

Postby jphanned » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 pm

silentjim wrote:
jphanned wrote:The draft will commence on Wednesday, August 15. ;-D

Wednesday is the 14th. :-D I assume we're starting on Wednesday and not the 15th?

Woops, just copy and pasted from last year. 14th it is. Will send out a PM shortly. :-)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby plonden » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:22 am

Fenris-77 wrote:On the upside I now have something that, at least in a dim light, might be mistaken for rankings.

Rankings?! :-o

Looking forward to this mock, fellas! ;-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:49 am

plonden wrote:Rankings?! :-o

Nothing spiffy yet, just a rough cut down to about 150 and some groupings past that. Did I mention they were rough? :-D This mock will probably smooth out a lot of the rough edges.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby plonden » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:01 am

Any objection to me getting this thing kicked off here pretty soon? It's probably August 14th somewhere. :-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 am

No skin off my nose. You go ahead and take whatever half of that 50-50 you want and I'll take whatever's left there. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dcdoorknob » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:43 am

Unless someone surprises me at 4th or 5th, I have no idea whatsoever to do with the 6th pick. :-o
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 77)

Postby jphanned » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:17 am

plonden wrote:Any objection to me getting this thing kicked off here pretty soon? It's probably August 14th somewhere. :-D

Go for it dude. ;-D

dcdoorknob wrote:Unless someone surprises me at 4th or 5th, I have no idea whatsoever to do with the 6th pick. :-o

This pretty much applies to every pick past 5. Picking at 11 with Buser sniping at the turn is gonna be so much fun. %-6
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Next

Return to 2013 Mock Draft