Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Commentary

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby jay_00 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:54 am

dcdoorknob wrote:Sorry to disappoint you Jim but I think me drafting Granger at 2.07 would have raised more than a few eyebrows. :-D

Eyebrows? I think people would've blocked this website permanently. :-b

Im actually curious to see where Granger will be drafted. I mean he was basically a 5th round pick last year, but things in Indiana have changed dramatically since then.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 49)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:21 am

My reply to that isn't scientific, but it works for me. I'll consider Granger the first time I catch myself thinking even half seriously about drafting a boring veteran of some description.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 278)

Postby plonden » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:55 pm

I love the Gasol pick. I was contemplating Gasol instead of Bosh with my second pick. I think he is going to have a much better year without Dwight Howard clogging up the middle. When you consider the fact that we don't really know how effective Kobe Bryant is going to be this season, I think Gasol is an even better draft pick. I really like the trio of Chris Paul, Dirk Nowitzki, and Pau Gasol. Nice work so far, Jim.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:44 am

I love the Millsap pick. I'm going to enjoy getting him this late in a lot of drafts. Some people forget that when Millsap got more than 30mpg (and less dicking around) the year before last he was a top ten player. It's not so much that I actually expect him to go a lot higher than this, I just love getting a guy with top 10 pedigree at the end of the second round, especially when he's moving into a much better situation for minutes and importance to the franchise. It smells like unicorn blood to me. :-b
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 am

Fenris-77 wrote:I love the Millsap pick. I'm going to enjoy getting him this late in a lot of drafts. Some people forget that when Millsap got more than 30mpg (and less dicking around) the year before last he was a top ten player. It's not so much that I actually expect him to go a lot higher than this, I just love getting a guy with top 10 pedigree at the end of the second round, especially when he's moving into a much better situation for minutes and importance to the franchise. It smells like unicorn blood to me. :-b

Meh, I'll let you have Millsap every time as long as you give me Ilyasova.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:40 am

RedHopeful wrote:Meh, I'll let you have Millsap every time as long as you give me Ilyasova.

Sounds like a sig bet to me. I don't think there's a chance in hell Ilyasova outproduces Millsap on the season. :-D Not that Ilyasova will be bad, but I I think Millsap is looking at exdellent minutes and Ilyasova might not be, and Millsap is money when he gets minutes, They're both top 25 guys given minutes though, I just don't have the same faith in Ilasova's PT.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jphanned » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 am

Oleh logic - every pick I just made is the best player available and the best value on the board and there's nothing you can ever say to suggest otherwise. :-B
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:37 am

jphanned wrote:Oleh logic - every pick I just made is the best player available and the best value on the board and there's nothing you can ever say to suggest otherwise. :-B

;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:40 am

Fenris-77 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Meh, I'll let you have Millsap every time as long as you give me Ilyasova.

Sounds like a sig bet to me. I don't think there's a chance in hell Ilyasova outproduces Millsap on the season. :-D Not that Ilyasova will be bad, but I I think Millsap is looking at exdellent minutes and Ilyasova might not be, and Millsap is money when he gets minutes, They're both top 25 guys given minutes though, I just don't have the same faith in Ilasova's PT.

You're on. ;-D
RedHopeful

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:55 am

This shizz jusy got real. Mock nothing, I care more about the sig than anything to do with an early mock draft. :-b We may need to set some ground rules though...
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft