Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Commentary

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby geodbear » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 am

Oleh could use a change in sig. Looking through the draft thread, I was thinking the other day, who has the more outdated sig, Oleh or Jim?
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:26 pm

geodbear wrote:Oleh could use a change in sig. Looking through the draft thread, I was thinking the other day, who has the more outdated sig, Oleh or Jim?

Hahahaha. :-D :-D :-D

Is anyone even doing sigs anymore?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 632)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:47 am

geodbear wrote:Oleh could use a change in sig. Looking through the draft thread, I was thinking the other day, who has the more outdated sig, Oleh or Jim?

Oh come on George. CP3 was a Hornet just a couple of years ago. Lohan and Fox haven't been relevant in at least as twice of long a time frame!!! O:-)

EDIT: Sorry for taking quite a bit of time the last several days guys. Ridiculously busy weekend where I haven't even had the time to figure out who to put on a list and PM it to someone... :*)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 663)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Was considering Tony Parker at my last pick. ;-D

And there's Jimmy killing what was looking like a formidable team. :-D O:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 663)

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm really scratching my head on where to rank Bynum. I've slotted him in all over the map and haven't been happy with any of it. :-?
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 297)

Postby geodbear » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I'm really scratching my head on where to rank Bynum. I've slotted him in all over the map and haven't been happy with any of it. :-?

I've put him in my "I'll let someone else draft him and it won't bother me" category.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)

Postby jphanned » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:13 pm

geodbear wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I'm really scratching my head on where to rank Bynum. I've slotted him in all over the map and haven't been happy with any of it. :-?

I've put him in my "I'll let someone else draft him and it won't bother me" category.

+1
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby silentjim » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 pm

jphanned wrote:
geodbear wrote:

+1

I didn't really have much intention of drafting him either, but no one jumps out at me as must draft/own at this spot in the draft. I liked the possibility of a featured offensive center who could block shots, but wouldn't destroy my FT%. If Hibbert could ever play the regular season like the playoffs, he might be an option this season as well. I figure at the turn I can take a poor shooting PG or an all around wing player without much problem.

I like the Rudy Gay pick. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 632)

Postby The Thrill » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:47 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Meh, I'll let you have Millsap every time as long as you give me Ilyasova.

Sounds like a sig bet to me. I don't think there's a chance in hell Ilyasova outproduces Millsap on the season. :-D Not that Ilyasova will be bad, but I I think Millsap is looking at exdellent minutes and Ilyasova might not be, and Millsap is money when he gets minutes, They're both top 25 guys given minutes though, I just don't have the same faith in Ilasova's PT.

You're on. ;-D

Shudda kept your old sig. Now when you lose, you'll lose a sig that you actually like. :,-(
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 264)

Postby jay_00 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:46 am

Honestly im surprised Kobe is still there, and it was tough for me to turn him down in 4th and 5th rounds. Obviously its a early mock, so were all concerned about his Achilles. Once were closer to the season we will have a better idea of how many gms he'll miss. If I was certain he would sit out only 1 month tho, I would certainly have taken him.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft