Draft Commentary - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Commentary

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 am

I'm not a big fan of the Amir Johnson pick. I think he would have been available for another round (or two).
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 726)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jay_00 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:38 am

silentjim wrote:I'm not a big fan of the Amir Johnson pick. I think he would have been available for another round (or two).

Id rather have Favors over Amir any day of the week.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 74)

Postby geodbear » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:11 am

jay_00 wrote:
silentjim wrote:I'm not a big fan of the Amir Johnson pick. I think he would have been available for another round (or two).

The more I think about it, I would too. It's a good this is still off season. I haven't given any thought to projections so I haven't looked at rising players much, relying on more recent performances. Johnson is pretty conservative and in retrospect, I might have been better off picking Kobe. At least I could 1 whole top SG with him and Wade, at the risk of a 5th round pick, and if they are both healthy, that could result in a solid payoff.

It's why we do mocks, to prep for the season.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 262)

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:46 pm

geodbear wrote:
jay_00 wrote:

The more I think about it, I would too. It's a good this is still off season. I haven't given any thought to projections so I haven't looked at rising players much, relying on more recent performances. Johnson is pretty conservative and in retrospect, I might have been better off picking Kobe. At least I could 1 whole top SG with him and Wade, at the risk of a 5th round pick, and if they are both healthy, that could result in a solid payoff.

It's why we do mocks, to prep for the season.

Totally. And fortunately or unfortunately this mock draft is moving pretty fast, which means strategizing and figuring these things out in between rounds is somewhat difficult.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:01 pm

I really like Calderon this season in Dallas, especially in ROTO leagues, but I can't help but think this is a bit early for him. But then I look at his numbers and he can clearly improve big time on those in Dallas with a few more minutes and more defined role.
silentjim

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Really like picks by jphanned and mbuser at the turn. ;-D
silentjim

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 pm

And now there's Ty Lawson drama brewing today....
silentjim

Postby jphanned » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:53 pm

silentjim wrote:And now there's Ty Lawson drama brewing today....

The Denver Post wrote:Pettiford said she went to the dresser where Lawson's phone was and threw it toward the hallway wall. Then she grabbed her own phone and called her mother. But the conversation was cut short because Lawson took her phone and threw it against another wall, the affidavit says. When he saw it wasn't broken, he ran it under a bathroom faucet.

%-6
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby jphanned » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm

barrec wrote:6.03 Rajon Rondo (PG - BOS)

Surprised he is still here and this tells me I didn't need to grab Lillard earlier.

No real surprise considering he tore his ACL late-January, ACL recovery takes 9-12 months, and the Celtics have no reason to rush him back (Tankapalooza 2014). Wouldn't shock me if he misses more than a month of the regular season.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby silentjim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:15 pm

jphanned wrote:
barrec wrote:6.03 Rajon Rondo (PG - BOS)

Surprised he is still here and this tells me I didn't need to grab Lillard earlier.

No real surprise considering he tore his ACL late-January, ACL recovery takes 9-12 months, and the Celtics have no reason to rush him back (Tankapalooza 2014). Wouldn't shock me if he misses more than a month of the regular season.

I was thinking the same thing. Probably someone I'm avoiding and letting someone else draft this season.
silentjim

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft