Draft Room - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby barrec » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:57 pm

11.10 Isaiah Thomas (G - SAC)

Bit of a homer pick but he meets some statistical needs I have with this team - FT% and 3's. He's listed 2nd at PG but produces when he gets minutes. With McLemore starting at SG, Thomas might be able to increase his minutes throughout the season as he has some off-the-ball skills. And seeing as I already have McLemore, I feel Thomas is a bit of a handcuff even though he's not listed at PG on the depth chart.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jphanned » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:48 pm

11.11 Evan Turner (SF - PHI)

Not going to sugarcoat this - ET has been terrible in fantasy up to this point. He's finished outside the top-250 in per-minute value every single year of his career. The shortage of defensive stats and sub-par efficiency have largely held him back. Don't expect a breakout, but the confluence of a totally gutted 76ers roster and any sort of natural improvement in his game (of which we've seen very little of up to this point) make a sizable bump in his per-game rank of 159 possible.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby mbuser » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:26 pm

11.12 Jared Dudley, GF, LAC
I'm looking to roster Dudley in every league this season. He's logged 47% FG and 41% 3PT over the past five seasons, and now is starting alongside Chris Paul (and two other capable passers in Redick and Griffin). Ideal glue-guy per-36s over the past five seasons: 13.7 pts, 1.7 3pt, 5.1 reb, 2.3 ast, 1.4 to, 1.3 stl, 0.3 blk

12.1 Brandan Wright, FC, DAL
Dalembert is the assumed starter, but Wright can certainly do some things from this draft slot with ~25 mpg. His 9-cat per-36 rank for the three seasons in which he's qualified (15+ mpg): 12, 13, 15

http://rotomonster.com/Player/Details/2 ... dan_Wright
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)

Postby jphanned » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 pm

12.02 PJ Tucker (GF - PHO)

With Caron Butler headed to Milwaukee, Tucker steps in as the Suns' new SF. His stat line won't overwhelm you, but there's some sneaky all-around ROTO potential here. In the 27 games that he played 30+ minutes, he averaged 10.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.3 spg, 0.6 threes with plus-efficiency (51% FG, 76% FT, 1 TO). Add in that he'll be in a fantasy-friendly environment and I can see him possibly pushing the top-100.

Over the final month of the season when he saw 31 mpg, he finished just inside the top-80.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby barrec » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:55 am

12.03 Harrison Barnes (SF-GS)

I'll happily take Barnes here. Didn't fill up the stat sheet last year but still contributed in several categories, and there is potential for more. The usual rhetoric applies to second year players - time to put up or shut up. But he might be in a good spot given that he was not drafted as highly as one would have thought when he entered college. There's no pressure from starting and no number-one draft pick hype to live to. Let's hope he can turn those into a positive, even if he struggles to find minutes on the floor behind Iggy. I see a lot of upside with Barnes.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby DVauthrin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:13 am

12.04 J.J. Hickson (PF-DEN)

Kenneth Faried and Hickson are competing for the starting PF job in Denver. I own Faried. Hickson has been a useful player when given minutes in the past, so why not handcuff him to Faried.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:12 pm

12.05 Samuel Dalembert (C - DAL)

Dalembert will likely be the starting center for the Mavericks and could see something in the neighborhood of 25 minutes. Don't hold me to it, but his role should be more cemented than anything he ever had with the Bucks. Yes Wright is more tantalizing on a per minutes basis, but Carlisle wasn't the biggest fan of pairing him with Nowitzki. Additionally, he's already gone on record saying Dalmbert should mesh well with the aging star.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Postby DamnLies » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 pm

12.06 Reggie Jackson (G - OKC)

You have to think Jackson will take a step up this year after OKC let Kevin Martin walk. The Thunder will be desperate for a third scorer, and both Jackson and Jeremy Lamb will try to fill that role. Jackson has a slightly larger track record and a few years in the system. He's very talented, and had to step up in the playoffs last year when Russell Westbrook went down. In 33.5 minutes he averaged a 13.9/4.9/3.6 slash line in 11 games with 1.2 threes and 47.9/89.7 percentages. Small sample size alert! Not saying Jackson will extrapolate these stats out this year, but he could be a quality 6th man for the Thunder who doesn't hurt me in too many categories. I like the upside with this pick.
DamnLies
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 36)

Postby dcdoorknob » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:26 am

12.07 - John Henson (Mil - PF)

It's about as speculative a pick as they come, but at this stage I'm willing to do just that on a guy who finished last season with some promise and had a great summer league. It remains to be seen how many minutes he can carve out for himself consistently this year (still don't understand that Pachulia signing :-{ ), but he's shown good signs of development so far and certainly seems to have the talent to break out and start contributing at a pretty decent level sometime soon.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 77)

Postby silentjim » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 am

12.08 Danilo Gallinari

Just like Amare Stoudemire, Gallo is a gamble I'm good with taking here as a bench spot. He's hoping for a December return which means at a minimum he misses 15 games or at max too many I'm comfortable with. But he's a good scorer with good %s in a friendly system. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 599)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft