Draft Room - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby geodbear » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:07 am

12.09 Cody Zeller (FC - CHA)

He's athletic, has a high bbiq, played well over the summer, was the #4 pick in the draft, and plays in Charlotte. If he gets around 24 mpg, he should produce some.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 266)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jay_00 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:52 am

12.10 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (F - CHA)

Well I dont like much of any of the names left, so I figure ill take a flier on just straight potential. He had a horrible rookie year, so theres no where to go but up from here.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 74)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:16 am

12.11 Chris Kaman (C-LAL)

I can't believe he's still on the board honestly. Yes, he's had injury issue and what-not, but he's still the starting center for a Steve Nash/Pau Gasol led (to start) Lakers team. He's got a a fine fantasy pedigree and who knows, he might actually play most of a season. I'll take that over some maybe upside or a sexy back-up at this point. He's not that far removed from an 18/9 campaign with the Clips.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Postby plonden » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:28 am

12.12 Andrea Bargnani (PF/C - NYK)
13.01 Gerald Wallace (SF/PF - BOS)

These two guys both have a chance to start fresh on new teams, which I think is good for both of them. Wallace is the second option in Boston until Rondo returns from injury. Bargnani has a chance to prove himself after wearing out his welcome in Toronto. I also think the Knicks brought Bargnani in to play a big role for this team. I'm looking for players who contribute in threes, steals, and blocks from here on out. Wallace and Bargnani provide a nice mix of these stats.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 77)

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 am

13,02 Carl Landry (PF-SAC)

Landry has always been a bit of a fantasy darling based on his per36 output and his clean slash lines and this year he's poised to open the year as the starting PF in Sacramento. Landry could easily put up 17/8 with .500/.800 shooting and while there's not a lot in the defensive cats there I think it looks like a very nice roto line at this point in the draft, There's some PT risk there if the Kings play a lot of small ball, but I think the risk is minimal given the lateness of the pick. My team is also pretty well positioned in Blk/Stl already, so I can easily carry a guy who adds value elsewhere.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Postby jay_00 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:10 am

13.03 Tristan Thompson (F - CLE)

His value will be affected by Bynum, Varejao, and Bennett, but hes still young and improving.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 74)

Postby geodbear » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:10 am

13.04 Vince Carter (GF - DAL)

Opposite the last pick, we have the aging veteran. Carter was still quite productive last year posting top 100 per game value in only 25 mpg and top 50 value cumulative having played in 81 of 82 games. He's likely to get fewer minutes this season, but has shown no signs of hanging it up anytime soon. At this point in the draft, he is holds value as an injury replacement.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 266)

Postby silentjim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:56 pm

13.05 Luis Scola

Had a list of some guys I was interested in taking and then all of the sudden I saw Scola's name. Theoretically he's the backup to both West and Hibbert at this point (but probably more West), but he's shown he can produce in multiple roles. I would probably like better block numbers out of a backup center/power forward, but Scola's %s are good and his risk between ceiling and floor are great here in the 13th round. It's also nice to know the Pacers have been interested in him for a number of years. This leads me to believe that he should get a nice role on the team (Tyler Hansbrough left).
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 735)

Postby dcdoorknob » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:29 pm

13.06 - Thabo Sefolosha

Saw a minutes spike last year with Harden no longer in town, and responded with a 9-cat season rank of 72. Now Kevin Martin is gone too, and while I'm sure some of those minutes will go to Jackson and/or Lamb, neither is as proven as KMart was, and that may mean they just leave Sefolosha out on the floor a touch more overall than last year as well. He obviously won't help much in points, but has shot over 40% from 3 for the past 2 years, and can offer some 3s and steals on low TOs and decent %s, which as we've just seen can certainly translate into possibly another top 100 9-cat type season.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 122)

Postby DamnLies » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm

13.07 Ray Allen (SG - MIA)

Ray Allen is getting old, but I'm thinking he isn't 151st-pick-in-the-draft old. Allen unsurprisingly took a step back from his usual production in his first year on the Heat, averaging 25.8 minutes and finishing with a per-game rank of 117th in fantasy (BBM). Allen's 44.9 FG% was his lowest since 2008, so he can bring that up and flirt with Top 100 value, most likely. A second year in the Miami system will likely help his comfort level, and who wouldn't want to go into their twilight years setting up for threes on LeBron James BB-gun cross-court passes? With Chalmers and now Allen, I'm going all in on the "Dwyane Wade's gonna miss a lot of time" strategy.
DamnLies
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft