Draft Room - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:55 pm

13.08 Avery Bradley (G - BOS)

Opportunity -- Bradley is going to have loads of it this upcoming season. Yes, last year was disappointing, but between coming back from injury, his youth and the Celtics experienced roster, it's not surprising he failed to build on his success from the year prior. At this point in the draft, I'll happily take a stab on a player looking at 30ish minutes a game.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 am

13.09 Emeka Okafor (C-WAS)

At this point in the draft, I'm looking for a solid contributor, and Okafor is the starting center in Washington. He's going to get minutes, and 10-8 is reasonable. Plus, since I'm punting FT%, he's a good fit for my squad.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 164)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby barrec » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:01 am

13.10 Anthony Bennett (PF - CLE)

Always hard to know what to expect from rookies, but there are a few things I like about Bennett's situation. He is physically mature with the opportunity for minutes on the floor. Having those minutes can be risky, of course - he can either thrive or do nothing with them and sit. But the upside makes him an interesting grab later on in the draft.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jphanned » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 am

13.11 Patrick Patterson (FC - SAC)

Yes the Kings went out and spent $27M on Carl Landry, but my money is on Patterson to start at PF alongside Boogie. He's a far better fit for what they need, as he can shift over to SF and give them legit three-point range on that end of the floor while Mbah a Moute slides to PF. The assists and steals are definitely lacking, but he'll contribute enough in the other seven categories to give me a solid ROI on this pick.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby mbuser » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 am

13.12 Nick Young, GF, LAL
Young has never delivered a well-balanced line, but I'll take him with pick 156 based on how much he's likely to play this season and the scope of opportunity available if/when Kobe misses time. He's certainly surrounded with offensive talent.

14.1 John Jenkins, SG, ATL
Jenkins should get first crack at the starting gig and showed some good offensive signs as a rookie (45/38/84, 2.1 3pt per-36). As with Young, I'm not expecting much in the way of supporting stats, but I also like the team setup.
mbuser
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 13)

Postby jphanned » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:44 am

14.02 Chase Budinger (SF - MIN)

Man is he due. Would've loved to see what he could've done with a full slate of minutes under Rick Adelman, but his season was cut short due to a torn meniscus. Still like the setup plenty with Rubio running point. Kirilenko's departure clears up minutes at SF and allows Budinger to slide right back into the starting lineup.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 402)

Postby barrec » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:55 am

14.03 Glen Davis (PF/C - ORL)

He has a starting spot and averaged 15/7 with 2 assists, and his percentages make it a wash. Looking for depth at PF and think he's a great find late in the draft.
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:36 am

14.04 Alec Burks (SG-UTA)

Utah has completely blown up their team to pursue Andrew Wiggins. Because of this, Burks will have ample playing time to show if he is capable of being the team's starting SG going forward. At this point in the draft, getting a guy that could give double digit points with a three and a steal per game, is good value, and he could easily exceed his draft position.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 164)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:09 am

14.05 Lance Stephenson (SG - IND)

Stephenson came out of relatively nowhere to post a useful stat line many a game. If things go according to plan, he'll backup both George and Granger, but I'm not expecting it to be the norm. Vogel recently stated that he's hoping to have a full strength Danny Granger. Um, we're still months away from the regular season and, don't forget, this is a degenerative knee issue - patellar tendinosis. Guess what folks, those are difficult to nip in the bud. Some find something that works (deep stretching, yoga) while others are hampered by it the rest of their lives. And this is usually just with runners, a basketball player's knee takes a harder pounding.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 683)

Postby DamnLies » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:56 pm

14.06 Elton Brand (FC - ATL)

Brand doesn't have much left, but at least his situation in Atlanta is a little better than the one in Dallas last year when there were just too many bodies and he averaged only 21.2 minutes. A jump to 25 minutes per game as a backup to Paul Millsap and Al Horford is reasonable, considering Gustavo Ayon, Mike Scott and Lucas Nogueira are the competition. Brand's age caps his value, but he's usually a decent fantasy source of boards, blocks and steals (for a big man) while not hurting you too much in turnovers or the percentage categories.
DamnLies
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft