Draft Room - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to 2013 Mock Draft

Draft Room

Moderator: jphanned

Re: Draft Room

Postby dcdoorknob » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:06 pm

14.07 - Iman Shumpert

After a promising rookie season, he wasn't quite himself coming back from that ACL injury in mid-season. Still, he showed some signs of progress (improved 3pt%, lower TO rate). I like his chances to carve out more consistent minutes this year (likely as a starter imo) and provide some 3s and steals.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:48 am

14.08 Mo Williams

Hard to see how the Portland minutes shakeout, but Mo has had a lot of decent seasons and should command some playing time. Not sure if it helps or hurts that he can play both guard positions. If I can get 5 assists, a steal, and a three a game from Mo out of a bench spot or UTIL spot I'll be pleased.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)

Postby geodbear » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:07 am

14.09 Michael Carter-Williams (PG - PHI)

Likely the starter and why not, They are not going to win, so throw the kid out there. He can't shoot and would hurt most teams there, but this is a roto draft for a deep bench, so he can sit and you hope he improves at the end of the season, or has enough quality starts you can use for an injury fill in. You'll see low %'s and TO's but assists and steals. He should get decent rebound numbers for a guard.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 220)

Postby jay_00 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:46 am

14.10 Nerlens Noel (F-C - PHI)

I forgot we go this deep into mock drafts. Nerlens is very raw and recovering from an acl injury, but ill give him a shot here. Should be a cheap source of blocks for last month or two of the season.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 44)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:20 am

14.11 Mike Dunleavy (CHI - GF)

Dunleavy should see lots of time backing both SG and SF for the Bulls and I can use his roto friendly line to backstop some of the upside and injury risk I've already drafted on the wing.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby plonden » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 am

14.12 Taj Gibson (PF - CHI)
With Gibson, the basement is hopefully around 1.5 blocks this season (1.4 last season in 22.4 MPG), which I'm fine with at this stage in the draft. The other reason to draft Gibson is to hope that Boozer gets dealt or to provide insurance against an injury to either Boozer or Noah (not too far-fetched of an idea). I'm guessing the owners of Boozer (geodbear) and Noah (Fenris) were both thinking about drafting this guy to handcuff in the next two rounds.

15.01 Caron Butler (SF - MIL)
I'm gambling on the hunch that the Bucks traded for Butler for a reason: to play him. I'm furthering banking on Butler responding by playing well for his hometown team. If there is any credence to the rumor that the Suns sought to accommodate Butler's request to play for the Bucks, then I think there is a decent chance he will play well. With recent negative news on Carlos Delfino's recovery, I think Butler certainly has a shot at carving out starter's minutes and a solid role in Milwaukee.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 52)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:41 am

15.02 Luke Ridnour (PG - MIL)

I wanted one more PG on my roster and pickings are getting slim. This pick is actually more about my dislike of Knight than about Ridnour at this slot. I just don't think Knight is a very good PG and I think Ridnour will get a lot of run even if he doesn't usurp the starting role (which he could).
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 260)

Postby jay_00 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:18 pm

15.03 Matt Barnes (F - LAC)

I dont think he was picked yet. Its him and Dudley fightin for sf minutes.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 44)

Postby geodbear » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:01 pm

15.04 Greg Oden (C - MIA)

So in real life, or at least in h2h, I'd be scared to draft him. But as my 5th bench guy in roto league (in a mock draft), I'm willing to roll the dice. He's more likely to play 30 games in limited minutes and then retire as he is to play a full season. He certainly had the tools to be a monster center.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 220)

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:59 pm

15.05 Nate Robinson

Just throwing darts now aren't we? It's nice to have a guy like Nate come off the bench in real life and fantasy. He's streaky, but when he's on he's worth playing or filling in. The combination of scoring, threes, and assists will be nice if he fits in well in his new home.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 564)

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Mock Draft